The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Endoscopy service now available

Chris Wilson

Life has been kind recently so I have treated myself to a proper modern medical grade endoscope. This enables me to examine pistons and bores from down the plug holes. So if anyone is running different turbos or mega boost and wants the engine checking for detonation, or have lunched a turbo and are wondering if any bore damage has occured, which usually DOESN'T show on a compression test, I have the gear.

I intend to offer all six bores and pistons examined for 75 pounds initially, inclusive of the labour removing and refitting the coil packs and plugs, on the TT engines. Probably not of interest to owners of stock cars unless they have an engine smoking problem or want a potential purchase examined.

Incidently Chris I've just seen this afternoon a car with "Chris Wilson curtains and soft furnishings" written accross the rear window, is this yet another outlet for you? If so when can we expect some uprated cushion covers? I'm thinking a nice crushed velvet covering. :innocent:

Seriously though the endoscope thing sounds most useful. :D

Originally posted by eyefi

where have u looked with it so far?

Down the back 3 cylinders of a customers Skyline GTR engine, and the prognosis is BAD. It ate the rear turbo turbine wheel, and ceramic chips down the back 3 bores does no good at all. I'd share the sad images, but the camera pack price left me thinking I was hearing a lottery draw winners takings ... :eek:

Originally posted by Thorin

Incidently Chris I've just seen this afternoon a car with "Chris Wilson curtains and soft furnishings" written accross the rear window, is this yet another outlet for you? If so when can we expect some uprated cushion covers? I'm thinking a nice crushed velvet covering. :innocent:

Seriously though the endoscope thing sounds most useful. :D

Nothing to do with me, but from what the wife tells me about the cost of new curtains it maybe something I should consider!

We use these for an amazing amount of applications in the aircraft engineering world. You start off looking down spark plug holes or in our case compressor housings and then predictably up noses and down throats and onto down trousers etc. But after that its great for looking into holes where you are trying to get a bolt in somewhere but can't quite get a torch to shine on it. following wiring into places you just cant see, applications just keep on happening once you have the piece of kit. Very good aquisition Mr Wilson I won't even say I hope you get plenty of use out of it cos i know you will.

Originally posted by dangerous brain

We use these for an amazing amount of applications in the aircraft engineering world. You start off looking down spark plug holes or in our case compressor housings and then predictably up noses and down throats and onto down trousers etc. But after that its great for looking into holes where you are trying to get a bolt in somewhere but can't quite get a torch to shine on it. following wiring into places you just cant see, applications just keep on happening once you have the piece of kit. Very good aquisition Mr Wilson I won't even say I hope you get plenty of use out of it cos i know you will.

Down trousers??

:D :D