The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Happy Supra Times - And Another Big Thanks.

Matt H

It's been a long time since I've had the chance to post this kind of stuff! :D

But I'm absolutely made up with the supra again. Over the past few months, it's been like when I first bought her all over again, taking any excuse to go out and drive.

She's running perfectly and I love the single. I never thought I would prefer it to the twins, but I think I was somewhat blind sided when I went out in other singles as they were large turbos and the lag put me off. The GT35R DBB seems the perfect compromise between maintaining lower end grunt while increasing the top end.

The power this little tubster makes is bloody ferocious though on WOT. Mated to the autobox the gear changes are sharp and boost maintained making for great acceleration.

Anyway, enough of me blabbing on, just thought I'd share some happy comments as apposed to the old doom and gloom of the past!

Big thanks again to Michel and Ian for sorting my car out. Doubt I'd be posting anything like this if it wasn't for them :thumbs:

Role on the exhaust and interior trim :cool:

Matt

Nice one Matt, I've had a similiar feeling recently - I had to drive mine at some points over the winter, and I absolutely hated it, so I left it to do nothing for a few weeks, and now it's actually sunny around here again, I've been able to take it out and enjoy it again. I'm taking it for good 50 mile drives, never did that 'for fun' in any other car I had, and I don't care whatsoever about the petrol.

Cheers guys ;)

Well done Matt, You deserved some luck. :thumbs:

I was at the front of the queue for some! :D

Nice! What power are you making Matt?

Not 100%, I was off to the dyno on saturday but had to postpone that for birthday plans.

The cars got 3 boost settings, the highest being 1.3 bar. I don't want to count my chickens yet, so I'm not going to predict anything :D

Cheers guys ;)

Not 100%, I was off to the dyno on saturday but had to postpone that for birthday plans.

The cars got 3 boost settings, the highest being 1.3 bar. I don't want to count my chickens yet, so I'm not going to predict anything :D

i wouldnt worry about figures mate, if the car is going well and your happy the numbers mean nothing , glad to see things going well

i wouldnt worry about figures mate, if the car is going well and your happy the numbers mean nothing , glad to see things going well

Very true.

Sounds good Matt, did you have to change the autobox at all? I have read differring views on here about what sort of power the stock one can take. Doubt I will go down the single route anytime soon but (may sound odd) I would also like to stay auto.

The autobox boxed has been completely built. Amoungst other things, its got numerous oil coolers, with one massive one sitting at the front with the Intercooler.

The stock box won't handle 500+hp for long, you would have to get it built like mine to handle it. Michel Lane has a special reciepy for built autoboxs now that he's perfected with a few supras now. Mine being the latest.

It's not odd mate, the autobox is great, it's faster on the acceleration through the gears and you'll most likely see faster 1/4 mile times, epsecially with a high stall (I don't have one as it makes driving a bitch). Plus you don't have to fanny around with a clutch in traffic :D

Nice one mate, glad she's running sweet now, nothing better than a well oiled engine running 2jz-gte. :D

P.s get some pics up of you engine :D

Cheers Geo. The engine bay's nothing fancy. I would like to 'minimalise' it, remove some clutter etc, but I'm perfectly happy with it running fine at the moment... Knowing me, I'd start fetling to get it how I would want it and It would develop a problem! :D

Great news Matt! I can't wait to get home & get in my Supe! :D

Had some tourists taking photo's of my Supe while I was driving in traffic through Leicester Square & mine is pretty much stock (well apart from wheels & TRD spoiler), though the guy in the 911 in front might have got the hump :D

Imagine driving your car around Central London! People would think you have Lady Gaga sitting next to you! (With amount of people taking photos at you).

Congrats Matt.

I know I can piss you off for not agreeing with your ramblings, and I do enjoy winding you up, but it's always nice to see someone in love with their Supra.

When I first joined, your car was one of the first I saw, and it'll always be remembered as such.

A black leather retrim will look fantastic.

Happy motoring :thumbs:

Just read the thread Matt and wanted to say that a high stall on an auto certainly doesnt make driving a bitch. Not having a dig. Have you been in one or driven one on the road? Just saying it may improve things for you even more :)

Horses for courses I quess. I had given one a go a long, long time ago and it requied a lot of reving to get it to go.

What is yours set to bit at Stonkin?

Congrats Matt.

I know I can piss you off for not agreeing with your ramblings, and I do enjoy winding you up, but it's always nice to see someone in love with their Supra.

When I first joined, your car was one of the first I saw, and it'll always be remembered as such.

A black leather retrim will look fantastic.

Happy motoring :thumbs:

You p!ss me off because you turned about to be a bizzare stalker / w&nker combination type - nothing more, nothing less. I try to never engage with you, but your always there with the most ridiculous and pointless posts.

wish i had this much luck with my supe, all i get is problem afeter problem.

nice to know yours is running well

You certainly don't want my luck mate!! This light at the end of a very long, long tunnel. Hope things pick up for you though. It's all about getting the right people to do the work, which unfortuneatly is harder than originally thought.

Horses for courses I quess. I had given one a go a long, long time ago and it requied a lot of reving to get it to go.

What is yours set to bit at Stonkin?

To be honest mate, ive never noticed it drive hugely different from my old bpu TT in terms of how it pulls away / at what revs etc

I remember even having a conversation with Charlie about it as i was expecting it to be much different. He did go into detail about it but i think most of it went over my head :)

I'd quite like to go in a single auto without a high stall to see what its like out of curiosity