The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost cut controllers

Ian C

OK, techie one this, if boost cut occurs at 1 bar because the ECU sees 1 bar of boost, what is the ECU seeing when the MAP sensor is reporting say 1.2bar and you have a Pete Betts VFCC installed? Is it 0.99bar or thereabouts?

-Ian

The reason I'm asking this is because if stock fuel cut occurs at 1 bar of boost, which it seems to, then the TRL VFCC will clamp the airflow signal to the ECU at 1 bar (well, just under to avoid cut). That means the ECU will only ever fuel for 1 bar of boost so going over this means you are in the wild blue yonder with no map.

The stocker pressure sensor goes up to 1.2bar, but if the ECU signal gets clamped at 1 bar instead of going up to 1.2bar this makes all the difference for mapping the E-Manage in my opinion.

Guess I'll be multimetering the footwell again :)

-Ian

As I understand it that is what happens. After all, the stock ECU isn't going to have any fuel maps after the fuel cut limit is it? With the Emanage you should be able to use it as a fuel cut remover and then add extra fuel using the injector map above 1 bar (provided they aren't at max duty cycle) I think.

Yep, that's what I reckoned but up until now I thought the ECU had a map up to the limit of the stock sensor range so I could map via airflow up to 1.2bar, but now I'll only go to 1.0bar. Hence confirming this changes my mapping strategy i.e. when I switch to the injector vs Greddy sensor map.

Ta Simon :)

-Ian