The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auto shift position bulb

Fifty

:)

Hi

Noticed yesterday the "D" bulb isnt working, is it supposed to?

If so anyone got a spec for them (in rev counter).

L, 2 , N, R AND P all OK. Bit of a bugger having to take the dash out just for this isnt it?

Fifty:D

yeah this is a pain, you have to remove the gauge cluster, then at the back of it, lift off the plastic cover were there is a small white plug, you lift up either side of it and the plastic circuit that goes into it will just pull out, then remove the rev section via the 3 screws and you can get access now to the bulbs, it is a very small bulb and so happens i have some! :D

Strangely, my D light stopped working just after I bought the car. I got used to it and didn't think any more of it.

...until almost two years later! It fixed itself last month while I was driving. I remember putting the car into neutral while going along a road because I thought I was in second :)

So maybe it could be a loose connection behind the dash, instead of a blown bulb?

James.

Originally posted by supra TT myster

yeah this is a pain, you have to remove the gauge cluster, then at the back of it, lift off the plastic cover were there is a small white plug, you lift up either side of it and the plastic circuit that goes into it will just pull out, then remove the rev section via the 3 screws and you can get access now to the bulbs, it is a very small bulb and so happens i have some! :D

you havent got the bulb that lights up the auto gear selection by any chance have you? the one next to the gear stick. i have no problem with buying this bulb from you

cheers ...lee

Originally posted by supra TT myster

i sure do! just pm me your address and i will send it to you.

You got a source for alternate coloured bulbs?? I could do with a red one instead on the auto shift. I managed to bodge other bulbs into the dials but the access on the auto shift bulb prevents this.