The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Time For A Change?...

Guest supra26

Welcome to the forum, nice looking Integra!

Fwiw, I think you should try out a N/A and a TT model of the Supra. Ask or search about the running costs etc and then decide which to go for. Personally I don't see much point in going for a an N/A.

Guest supra26

Thanks for the info will do!..thanks have put a lot of work into the teg to keep it looking fresh:)..So what are the supras like to live with on a daily basis?...are the N/A models really that slow?...would have though the mountain of torque would compensate for day to day driving!?...

P.S Any kind sir`s in the Northampton area out there willing to let me have a look at their beast from the east would be greatly appreciated.:D

Cheers Ben.

are the N/A models really that slow?...would have though the mountain of torque would compensate for day to day driving!?...

NAs certainly aren't slow as cars go, the only problem is people in M3s and RS4s will always think it's a TT and will wipe the floor with you - plus you're bound to have a ride in a TT at some point and realise what you're missing.

If you're a dawdler who ONLY wants the good looks of the car then you'll be fine - but I'm guessing you're not and after a few months you'll be asking how you get more power out of an NA. :D

Guest supra26

Yeah your right!lol...I heard the N/A produces roughly 220bhp+298NM of torque depending on its tuning/condition...does this sound about right??. Would consider fitting some sort of progressive NOS kit to compensate if i decided to go down the N/A route, do you know the limit of what the standard internals can take??..:search:

You need to wait for someone clever to ask about tuning an NA. AFAIK the basic block is strong as you like, but the 5spd gearbox on the NA won't like any additional power, and autos aren't very good for much more than about 400BHP I think. There are probably lots of other things to consider too.

Decide what power you're going to want and buy the right Supra based on that. Insurance doesn't tend to change much whether NA or TT and neither really does fuel consumption.

Guest supra26

Will do thanks for the info buddy!...will keep you updated on the progress..if you hear of any good examples going up for sale in the future pls let me know..:thumbs:

Cheers Ben.