The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need more power, my mate just bought a Skyline GTR

Guest Supra_matt

Guest Supra_matt

Hi guys ive had my Supra i while and have never really had any competition but my mate just brought a tuned up Skyline GTR and i need more power.

When i brought my Jap Auto Supra GZ a couple of years ago it had the following mods; full blitz exhaust system, blitz front mount, hks evc + timer, currently running at 1.2 bar, hks dump value, walbro fuel pump and probably a few other things ive 4got lol.

Whats the next stage? :rolleyes:

Ive heard of people fitting uk turbos, is it worth it?

Bigger Injectors?

How much will it cost me for a single turbo conversion?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow what a great first post! If beating your mate is important than get a nice Ariel Atom and hand his ass on a plate! You must have a lot of love for him if you going to spank out £10k+ just to show him your rear end. :D

An seeing this is your first post in the hurried state, I'd say you my friend are going to need overnight parts from Japan.

Hi guys ive had my Supra i while and have never really had any competition but my mate just brought a tuned up Skyline GTR and i need more power.

When i brought my Jap Auto Supra GZ a couple of years ago it had the following mods; full blitz exhaust system, blitz front mount, hks evc + timer, currently running at 1.2 bar, hks dump value, walbro fuel pump and probably a few other things ive 4got lol.

Whats the next stage? :rolleyes:

Bigger Injectors?

if his is a properly tuned up GTR then there is a good chance that despite you spending loads of dosh on your Auto supra he will still leave you for dead with his jiggery pokery 4WD.

No, UK turbos are smaller and laggier, very little between them powerwise.

Bigger Injectors?

Think air/fuel mixture, the only reason to fit bigger injectors is if you are also increasing the air flow ie. bigger turbo.

Circa £8K+ to do properly.

Guest GTR_DanGTODAVE

The only way your goin to beat his Skyline is to either get a Skyline or get a 3000gt.These Rwd AUTOs dont stand a chance against a AWD manual LMAO:D:secret:

PS YOU CANT COMPETE WITH A LAUNCH lol

Edited by GTR_DanGTODAVE (see edit history)

Guest Supra_matt

Cheers Guys (except GTR Dan and his sidekick GTOdave)

Single turbo conversion it is then!!!! Just need 2 save my pennys

Is it true ya can run upto 600bhp on standard internals?

Could i safely get away with just bigger injectors and a single turbo running around 500-550bhp?

What turbo do i get there are so many?

If im honest i carnt justify 8k, would be better selling mine and getting a 6 speed manual thats already a single turbo conversion.

The only way your goin to beat his Skyline is to either get a Skyline or get a 3000gt.These Rwd AUTOs dont stand a chance against a AWD manual LMAO:D:secret:

I don't see why he can't be quicker than you on a drag race, while you bog down on pull off, his off to the end of his quarter mile!

Cheers Guys (except GTR Dan and his sidekick GTOdave)

Single turbo conversion it is then!!!! Just need 2 save my pennys

Is it true ya can run upto 600bhp on standard internals?

Could i safely get away with just bigger injectors and a single turbo running around 500-550bhp?

What turbo do i get there are so many?

If im honest i carnt justify 8k, would be better selling mine and getting a 6 speed manual thats already a single turbo conversion.

It is possible, JamieP on here is running 730BHP on stock internals. No, along with the bigger turbo & injectors you will supporting mods as well like big fuel pump, oil cooler & a number of other things which you need to read up on. There are loads of turbo's available, spend some time reading up on them.

m8 it would be cool when u can do it matt then you would be DK of mansfield lol

Matt, I am sure you have been told this before but text speak is not allowed on this forum.

Dear god what's happening to this forum! I dunno whether its me being in an arsey mood but as of late I've noticed nothing but 5 year olds joining up complaining there mates got a faster car than theres..

So what if he's got a quicker car! That's the way it is. Doesn't matter what you do there will always be someone faster. Ill warn you now a PROPER single install needs a budget of 10k realisticly. What's to say you will be any faster then?

And as for that crap about autos standing no chance, well that's bollocks! You clearly don't know a great deal about supras do you. Granted there not as strong as a manual but if you know how to use iit properly they can be quicker than the manuals.

a 3000gt, you are funny. Have you seen their 1/4 mile times?

Skyline might just get the jump on a start but the huge drivetrain losses through the 4wd will drag it down.

But you own a Skyline so you must believe it is the fastest thing you can get otherwise you bought an inferior car.

Dear god what's happening to this forum! I dunno whether its me being in an arsey mood but as of late I've noticed nothing but 5 year olds joining up complaining there mates got a faster car than theres..

So what if he's got a quicker car! That's the way it is. Doesn't matter what you do there will always be someone faster. Ill warn you now a PROPER single install needs a budget of 10k realisticly. What's to say you will be any faster then?

And as for that crap about autos standing no chance, well that's bollocks! You clearly don't know a great deal about supras do you. Granted there not as strong as a manual but if you know how to use iit properly they can be quicker than the manuals.

Well said that grumpy arse man.