The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Damaged rear bumper

adam1983

Cannot believe how unlucky i am!

I have only just had the car serviced and upgraded to bpu and this had to happen.

Was driving up the m40 earlier this afternoon in the outside lane ran over something (no idea what it was) which then flicked up under the car and hit the inside of the rear bumper near the exhaust pipe and ripped the corner clean off. Didnt know how bad the damage was until i got to the nearest services to see what had happened. This is what i saw :(

DSCN0803.gif

DSCN0804.gif

DSCN0805.gif

DSCN0806.gif

DSCN0810.gif

Cannot believe how unlucky i am!

I have only just had the car serviced and upgraded to bpu and this had to happen.

Was driving up the m40 earlier this afternoon in the outside lane ran over something (no idea what it was) which then flicked up under the car and hit the inside of the rear bumper near the exhaust pipe and ripped the corner clean off. Didnt know how bad the damage was until i got to the nearest services to see what had happened. This is what i saw :(

Oooh, unlucky fella. Gutted. I want to know what you hit!

Typical though isn't it, get it sorted and then this happens.

Looking on the brighter side of things; how did you find the step up to BPU?

Oooh, unlucky fella. Gutted. I want to know what you hit!

Typical though isn't it, get it sorted and then this happens.

Looking on the brighter side of things; how did you find the step up to BPU?

No idea what i hit but i felt it drag under the wheels then a loud bang. looked through my rear view mirror and saw something black flying behind me into oncoming traffic. obviously i wasnt sure if it was the thing i had run over or something off my car.

not like i could stop to find out either when in the outside lane.

Oh and the step up to bpu was well worth the extra money it cost. You definately feel the difference.

unlucky mate

will you be going with another trial or just a standard one for now .

maybe we need to push someone for a group buy on the trial rears as i'd be up for one .

need to get a replacement one on soon as possible really because it looks really daft driving around in it now but obviously if i can get a trial one straight away then i will do that. If not then i will just go with a standard for temporary until i get hold of one.

On that note if anyone has a trial one going then i will be able to collect it straight away. In black preferably though :D

Sorry to hear this mate, i ran into a pheasant a while ago and smashed a new carbon splitter which i imported from the US in my old civic coupe...

Always paying out arnt we!!!!

Tell me about it. I was planning on having a nice relaxing weekend and also washing my car and polishing it but i guess that will have to wait now until i get a new one.

Things just never go smoothly when you want them too eh :rolleyes:

Ok just a quick update on things. Got hold of a stock bumper for cheap and took it to the bodyshop to get it sprayed and fitted. A couple of repairs need doing on it and it needs to blended into the the panels where the trial one used to wrap around. All in it's costing me £450. I can't believe how something like this could end up costing this much. Oh well at least it's getting sorted now