The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Overheating

James

Been having some intense overheating issues of late.

A couple of hoses have split just off from the radiator (you can see cable ties where I put a bit of silicon rubber round the burst hose until I got a replacement) at the bottom left of my bay in the following pic:-

Now, what I'm keen to know is, is this most likely where my problem is coming from?

I heard it after driving for a couple of minutes and that is when the coolant temperature started rising dramatically.

Open up the bonnet and hear/see the steam exiting from that corner.

I feel a bit clueless when it comes to some things so a little insight would be appreciated. :)

Thanks!

Yeah, I think that split hose is your culprit. It's not uncommon for them to split, I caught my last supra starting to split and I had to go to toyota for replacement hoses. I couldn't find a generic hose with the same interior diameter to replace them with.

I'd replace the one above it too while you're at it.

Ok cool thank you :)

Also, I need to block off my matrix.

On my picture provided up top, can someone circle the pipes I need to actually block off as I have no idea (did the search and been finding verbal descriptions but to see it would be easier!).

/n00b :(