The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na-tt

Mistermann

Hi All,

Just wanted to write a quick testimonial to Keron whom many of you know and i'm sure everyone would be happy to back up my praise for him.

I picked my old NA JSpec 5spd manual from him yesterday afternoon after having had a TT engine dropped into it.

The engine bay is amazing, clean and the drive home was incredible! Its one of the best things i have done and the car is a different type of beast now.

Keron has done a superb job, helped me out no end with the work he has done and the advice he gave me and to say i'm impressed is an understatement.

Pics to follow (once its stopped bloody raining i'll get out there and take some snaps)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wah Hey 5 spd TT !!!!!!! I'll bet that feels quick, BPU it and they feel just like a small single with the 5 spd box.

They do feel quicker than the 6 spds. Take off faster imo! good fun!

Glad you like it Chris. Just take it easy and get used to it...;)

Guest vintage21275
Hi All,

Just wanted to write a quick testimonial to Keron whom many of you know and i'm sure everyone would be happy to back up my praise for him.

I picked my old NA JSpec 5spd manual from him yesterday afternoon after having had a TT engine dropped into it.

The engine bay is amazing, clean and the drive home was incredible! Its one of the best things i have done and the car is a different type of beast now.

Keron has done a superb job, helped me out no end with the work he has done and the advice he gave me and to say i'm impressed is an understatement.

Pics to follow (once its stopped bloody raining i'll get out there and take some snaps)

Great stuff ..its good to have somebody like Keron on here and his prices are very reasonable too..keep up the good work mate

Keron/Dude, do you have much experience with running BPU TT through a 5spd box longer term (i.e. longer than a year/10k miles). Do they tend to last? There's been a lot of mixed feedback on this over the past couple of years and seems to be pretty random whether the 3rd gear shreds or not.

Also, is the NA diff/prop strong enough? Again, past experience seems to be very mixed.

Can i ask what difference this has made to peoples insurance when they declare the engine swap .

My quote from Sky went up by £30, to £390 :D All declared.

Keron/Dude, do you have much experience with running BPU TT through a 5spd box longer term (i.e. longer than a year/10k miles). Do they tend to last? There's been a lot of mixed feedback on this over the past couple of years and seems to be pretty random whether the 3rd gear shreds or not.

Also, is the NA diff/prop strong enough? Again, past experience seems to be very mixed.

My quote from Sky went up by £30, to £390 :D All declared.

Bet you was happy with that . i've just paid 600 fully comp for the N/A

Ive done a lot of conversions on 5 speeds now...about 25! i know a few locals and members on here that ive done them for, bpu plus...doing the odd trackday etc etc...and it loves it. what i say is that if your fluids are topped up, and you had a strong box to begin with...(not one that a chav has been doing burnouts and donuts in) then it will be fine.

i personally had one running about 450ish and that was good.

Its like with all cars...drive it like a n@b, it wont last long something will give. If you drive it sensibily, check your box fluids often. it will be fine...

Again with the diffs/props...again good...never heard of one go. again check the fluids etc it should be fine...

The good thing about the 5 speed also is that IF it ever went wrong...another one would be very cheap! (as low as £100 ive seen them) if it happened to a 6 speed (with is more the case these days) have upto 3k ready (if you can find one!)

The only downfall with them is the top speed. but how often do you go over 150ish? The 5 speed is great all round imo.