The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new guy on the block

Guest matty360

Guest matty360

hay guys bin readin this fourm for a while now and yes i finally have my own SUPRA!!! and ive also get some gear for it as well im lookin to get round about 450-500bhp but im not mechanicley minded need some to point me in the right direction this would be great :)

what ive already bought

front mount intercooler

blitz nur spec exhuast

3"down/midpipe

greddy rs bov kit

blitz spec s boost controller

turbo timer

blitz sonic power induction kit

x6 iridium IK22 plugs

walbro fuel pump

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reposted from the BPU FAQ as it's a duplicate question:

You will not get more than 450bhp without swapping out the stock TT system. Even making it to 450bhp requires extensive and expensive modifications, much more than the FAQ covers.

Re-read the BPU guide, once you've done the mods or considered it not for you take another look at your budget and search again for 'single turbo'

FAQ on that soon to be posted.

It's a VERY expensive route to take.

Guest matty360

hey guys yea im bin lookin on the net all night at these single turbos and now ive came across a twin turbo set up whats better goin for a single or bigger twins???

Big twins is VERY expensive to do properly and requires a lot of work. Best off looking at a T61 or T67 single turbo set up, but it does depend on what power you are looking for. See if any members locally to you are prepared to offer you a ride in CORRECTLY set up a BPU & single Supra. You also want to get a ride in and auto as well as a manual.

Above all, do a search dude, all this has been covered and answered many times :)

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

Guest matty360

well my supra at the min is totally standard already order some parts that should get me to bpu but ive could easily spend another 7-10k(no bigheadedness) what should i do!!!

well my supra at the min is totally standard already order some parts that should get me to bpu but ive could easily spend another 7-10k(no bigheadedness) what should i do!!!

See if any members locally to you are prepared to offer you a ride in CORRECTLY set up a BPU & single Supra and decide from there. If going BPU you can buy parts now and fit them to the car for if/when you decide to go single in the future.

Edited by Frank Bullitt
Spelling (see edit history)

Well if you have at least £10,000 to spend as a minimum then I would start looking at going single turbo. Though do not think just spend £10k will sort everything, big single turbo Supra's need to be looked after. You will need to budget in a few thousand pounds for when things need replacing etc.

What is your main aim? Just power? Because that is no good if you can't stop or turn quick enough.

If you genuinely want more than 450bhp the single route is the only one to consider, BPU will not get you there.

If you have £8k+ to spend then you have the money to consider the conversion, it should see you through to 550bhp, perhaps 600bhp dependant on the parts chosen.

Before you go to spending all that money I would highly recommend you get a ride in some BPU 6spd's and single's of various specs. It's not a conversion that should be considered lightly and there are a lot of downsides to take into account.

Singles are VERY expensive to both drive and own so you'll need to ensure you have the cash available to keep funding a car of the spec you go for.

PS: Drop the text speak please :)

hi and welcome :)

a question does come to mind reading your responses so far.

If you have 7-10k to spend and want more power than a BPU can get you then why are you splashing out for bpu, why not just save the money for a full single conversion if thats what you want?

id definatly take a ride in a bpu car and see what you think 1st for sure before you commit to single