The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does anybody knows this Grey gunmetal Supra 6sp.

Guest Tisi

Hello,..

the last owner lives in Falkirk,.....

does anybody know anthing about the maintainence of this SUPRA?

(UK/Jspec)

IT´s a 6sp. TT with 19" Kahn rims

1356414-1.jpg

1356414-2.jpg

1356414-3.jpg

ive seen that on PH, does that not have like 100k on the clocks?

yes,.. 100k

but

miles or kilometer???

when this is a jspec.. does it have a km/h indicator or mph stock?

is this not good when the jza80 enigne has this milage?

Can I read out with the Engine Tag Information if it is a UK or Jspec?

Edited by Tisi (see edit history)

It's J spec , you can tell by the colour, front and rear lights, side markers and lack of headlight washers. It's possible that a UK car could be modified to have those features but it's unlikely.

Kilometers/hour stock when it was in Japan, it may or may not have been converted to read miles/hour.

100k miles is okay if it's been serviced correctly.

the colour is 6N0.. greyish green mice metallic....

model is alf-VZ with V160 gear box

what tells me theA22 @ the plant??

and FA20 A03B (axle)

the tachometer shows mph,.. what means that??? stock or converted?

... does anybody knows this wave brake rotors???

P1110133.jpg

P1110128.jpg

P1110129.jpg

P1100811.jpg

ok.... because this car stands in GErmany.... and the dealer hast written it wiht 100.000KM and not miles.. but when you look @ the pics.. you see... mp/h...

hmm thats a big difference if a engine has 1oo.ooo miles or Km....

do you know anything about this brake rotors.. I´ve never seen such rotors on cars.. anly on Bikes..

the colour is 6N0.. greyish green mice metallic....

model is alf-VZ with V160 gear box

what tells me theA22 @ the plant??

and FA20 A03B (axle)

the tachometer shows mph,.. what means that??? stock or converted?

... does anybody knows this wave brake rotors???

You used to see brake rotors (discs) like that on Ebay, at least one lunatic must have bought a set :) It's a Jap spec car. No way of knowing about mileage, just buy on condition with these things.

I'm pretty sure this car was sold with 100K miles in the ad, I could be wrong but again I think it may have had its price reduced to about £8,000 which again would suggest it was more like 100K miles than km's.

Out of interest how much is the dealer asking for it?

in the announce it was written with 100.000miles...

but if this is a J-spec... the owner had converted the tacho-disc even from km to miles.. is that right....

I don´t belive the german DEaler is a nobbler.....

11.000 euro (in austria and germany .. this cars are more expensive than in the uk ... :( )

what did the pre owner??? reduce the price cause what?

I think only the previous owner can tell us for sure.......

Nearly all are converted when they first come over here to show MPH and to count up in miles.

I think a £8,000 100,000 KM Facelift Manual TT would have sold over here quickly.....(perhaps someone sold it on to the German dealer and they adjusted it to KM's? )

One thing that might be worth asking is what is the miles/km's written on the cambelt sticker. In the engine bay picture there is a white sticker on the spark plug cover it should have the date and mileage of the cambelt change written on it........

ok.... because this car stands in GErmany.... and the dealer hast written it wiht 100.000KM and not miles.. but when you look @ the pics.. you see... mp/h...

hmm thats a big difference if a engine has 1oo.ooo miles or Km....

do you know anything about this brake rotors.. I´ve never seen such rotors on cars.. anly on Bikes..

the fact that car now reads in miles per hour on the speedo has no bearing on the the milometer counting in miles or KM - hence the answer by another member that it could be either.

Well sorry to say, but in Holland there are going a lot of rumours about this guy. Dunno if it's true, but I can tell you one thing. The prices are way low and don't trust this myself. Maybe I am going to take a look in like two weeks, cause it's in Holland and ill let you know... Prices are also low due to the fact they are not registrated yet in Holland and they still need to add the BPM I see now in the advert...

APK: Nieuw bij aflevering in overleg means When you buy the car you can cosider to take a new MOT for a whole year. APK = MOT

Also the Supra he advertises was on pistonheads with 84 000 miles = 135 000 km's and was for sale in the advert with 95.000 km's

I am very glad I paid some more money for a J-Spec Supra at Jurgen imports :p Nice service aswell!

Edited by Foxbuster (see edit history)

There a two dealers near holland, one is AUTO APPIE and the other is AUTO Theussing...

I heard in Germany that many people counfound this two dealers...

I also heard that auto appie sells Supra´s which are looks good at first but then,.... not good maintained..

http://www.marktplaats.nl/index.php?sref=http%3A//www.google.com/search%3Fclient%3Dopera%26rls%3Dde%26q%3Dauto+aappie%26sourceid%3Dopera%26ie%3Dutf-8%26oe%3Dutf-8&url=http%3A//verkopers.marktplaats.nl/8606847%3Fxref%3D1

and the other is AUTO THEUSSING.. he sells this above named Supra....

and in Germany the MKIV-section don´t talk bad about him....

but there only the km/miles question....