The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alright everybody.. new kid on the block

Guest S25-DAN

Guest S25-DAN

Helloooo everyone..

Right first things first, my names Dan and I'm from Yorkshire.

Currently driving Pioneers ex demo car, I'll pop a pick up for people to see.. I know it's not to everyone's taste but I love it to bits.. And I know this is a supra forum but I may aswel show you what I'm driving..

so here's the car:

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2410/174/75/511126856/n511126856_1964553_1897.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs034.snc1/2410_70376101856_511126856_1964555_2459_n.jpg

As you can see I also do a fair bit of photography, I'm currently at Uni in Birmingham studying Graphic Design so if anyone needs flyers, business cards, posters etc. let me know and I'll see what I can do :)

I've always loved supra's and I'm looking at buying one in the next few months.

However because of my age I can only get insured on a N/A, I am a pretty young driver but I'm no chav or boy racer, I'm aware that a lot of "young kids" want to buy supra's so they can go wrap it round a tree, I can assure you all that I'm not like that.

I'm on here really just hoping to get help and advice when it comes to buying one and maintaining it.

I had a quick look in the For Sale section and there's a lovely supra for sale:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=203764

If anyone has any advice when it comes to buying an N/A then I'd really appreciate it. It'd be my dream to be able to own the aerotop model but it seems that the only way I could have a N/A aerotop is by getting an auto which in my opinion is a bit of a put of, I love been able to be in total control of the gears and it's a better driving experience for me.

Anyway would be nice to hear from you all.

Dan

:welcome: to the club!

Where abouts are you in Yorkshire? I go to York regularly and you'd be more than welcome to have a look at my N/A.

I can recommend getting an N/A from the forum. People rave about the auto box on the supra, but I think it's only worth it if:

a) you really want a targa top

b) you buy a TT :)

The auto N/A makes the N/A feel even slower than it already is*.

I can recommend the hard top :thumbs:

What colour are you after? Welcome to the club and maybe see you around.

* I may as well say it before someone with a "turbo" pipes up!

Hi Dan

Welcome

Nice car, pics, and scantly clad ladies:d

Yes some good n/a's about especially on the classifieds here but dont be put off by the auto box it is a very good unit. Many on here love them some dont but dont make up your mind till you try;) its not your 1.0l Metro auto box:d

Here is another n/a for sale at a really good price at the moment and is known around here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=202144

The auto in my TT is sweet as I guess is the same in the n/a.. try and get out in one sometime.

Ok mate good luck with your search for a Supra.

Scotty

Guest S25-DAN
:welcome: to the club!

Where abouts are you in Yorkshire? I go to York regularly and you'd be more than welcome to have a look at my N/A.

I can recommend getting an N/A from the forum. People rave about the auto box on the supra, but I think it's only worth it if:

a) you really want a targa top

b) you buy a TT :)

The auto N/A makes the N/A feel even slower than it already is*.

I can recommend the hard top :thumbs:

What colour are you after? Welcome to the club and maybe see you around.

* I may as well say it before someone with a "turbo" pipes up!

Cheers for the welcome everyone, I'm actually from just outside of selby so not far at all, I'm part of a York club called Unique-showcars so I'm normally up there a fair bit..

Colour wise I'd ideally like a black one, I know they can be a pain to keep clean (my family business is car cleaning so not a problem) but they just look really smart in my opinion.

I'd love to see what your N/A's like, I would probably hurt myself in a turbo so an N/A would be best for me.

And yea more often then not where you see my car you'll find a nice lady inside it haha

I'll be driving up the A19 tomorrow morning sometime I think...

I live on the same street as a blue saxo that has unique-showcars on a sticker in the rear window. He's invited me before but I am generally not in York often.

My N/A's good fun mate. Sounds immense.

Guest S25-DAN
I'll be driving up the A19 tomorrow morning sometime I think...

I live on the same street as a blue saxo that has unique-showcars on a sticker in the rear window. He's invited me before but I am generally not in York often.

My N/A's good fun mate. Sounds immense.

I'm in birmingham at the mo for uni but I'm back home on Tuesday so if your around at all then I'd love to come see it, i don't mind driving to meet up or anything

Guest S25-DAN
Welcome to the club, not picking at you but that BMW screams chav.

Yea i did have plans for it this year.. I did a little photoshop of how I wanted it:

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs165.snc1/6200_143510801856_511126856_3011976_2987822_n.jpg

But I'd still only have a 1.6 mini at the end of the day..

I want something bigger with more power... something that I can make my own.

Guest S25-DAN
N/A's are good fun and not as slow as people say/reckon and can be picked up a lot cheaper then the TT's.

If you haven't got one by the time mine get's back on the road next month, I can show you what mine is like, also frequently up in York as my g/f live's there.

That'd be brilliant, with the insurance I'm on I wouldn't be able to get one until June time so I wont have one within the next few months...

One thing that I've heard the odd bad thing about.. Do the imports have problems finding replacement parts if it all goes wrong?

... also frequently up in York as my g/f live's there.

:blink:

I hope we're not being two-timed!

:)

I'm in birmingham at the mo for uni but I'm back home on Tuesday so if your around at all then I'd love to come see it, i don't mind driving to meet up or anything

Cool - I won't be there on Tuesday I'm afraid dude. Are you ever around on weekend's? Failing that, if you are ever in Manchester, let me know.

I might well be moving to York in a few months anyway, but we'll see.

Its a great club to be part of. An endless source of information, a great community and Matt H.

:shock:

Guest S25-DAN

Cool - I won't be there on Tuesday I'm afraid dude. Are you ever around on weekend's? Failing that, if you are ever in Manchester, let me know.

I might well be moving to York in a few months anyway, but we'll see.

I should be around next weekend mate... And yea it seems like a brilliant community, i look forward to getting to know you all better... wihtout that sounding too sad haha

Yea i did have plans for it this year.. I did a little photoshop of how I wanted it:

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs165.snc1/6200_143510801856_511126856_3011976_2987822_n.jpg

But I'd still only have a 1.6 mini at the end of the day..

I want something bigger with more power... something that I can make my own.

:blink:

Welcome btw

Hi and welcome mate.

Smart looking mini and even smarter looking models :D

Thanks for the introduction too. Makes a change from the usual 'hi im new' thing. :)

Welcome to the club.

Don't right off the auto boxes. They're actually very impressive and a pleasure to drive (I have 2 auto soops). This is indeed a great club and hope you enjoy your time here.

Hello Dan & Welcome TTC, this is one of the most active forums on the planet! :D

Nice introduction and good to see you know rule #269 "If you put a picture of a car up which is not a Supra, it shall be draped over with women with little or no clothes" *

Have a good read around on the forum, loads to learn... in fact a lot of information for you to pick up! Remember they drink a whole lot more than the mini does but it is a whole lot more better than a mini :D

* No clothes needs to go into members NWS!