The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Exhaust Db test

Lbm

So last night, there I was in little old Watford doing one of my open mics, when after the gig (about 12.30am) I walked out to my Supe in pub car park.

There was a man dressed in dark clothes standing by my P&J. And he was armed too. With a Flamenco guitar.

His name was Diego (I think it's actually Dave)

He asks..."is that your motor?"

I say "Yes"

He asks..."Would you like me to check your exhaust Dbs? I have a machine that can do that!"

I say "yeah!"

Anyway on idle it was 73 Db and giving it a bit, it came to 98 Db

So there we are. If you want yours doing, go to the Horns on Wednesday evenings, nip round the back and wait for the man in dark atire in the car park and he'll see you right :)

Btw, I have 6sp TT Double decat with a Blitz Nur-spec RX

were the sound levels roughly what Blitz quote for the RX?

Good question. There are people on here far wiser, far more knowledgeable and much taller than myself, but somewhere in the back of my mind the RX was supposed to be suitable for track days and the neighbors etc. And I've always had this mental figure in my head saying that it would be under 100db. And it was.

There's a wealth of them - soundlevel pro, decibel pro and dbmeter pro.

As for their accuracy because it'll be using a phone microphone which generally is naff quality is quite dubious.

:yeahthat:

those small and might I add FREE applications use a small microphone which would monitor noise or sounds but my guess is they would be amplified.

But, I'd rather have a FREE inaccurate guess then meeting 'Diego' round the back at night :blink:.......:D

I would indeed be worried of meeting a dark hairy stranger in a car park at

night who had a long pointy implement who was very capable of seeing how loud I could go.

I assume you don't have to park up and then flash your lights for this service?

I really am hoping that this "exhaust" measuring is indeed the exhaust we have all assumed about.

Edited by caseys (see edit history)

night who had a long pointy implement who was very capable of seeing how loud I could go.

I really am hoping that this "exhaust" measuring is indeed the exhaust we have all assumed about.

Hairy? Diego has no hair. He is sans hair, bald, baldy, the Kojak meister, slapty slaphead. I think. It was hard to tell. It was dark.

No flashing of lights is required. Simply send a text and he appears.

I promise it was all very above board except for the 3 naked Chinese girls, Steve the midget and a man called Michael. No not that one. This one is short, stupid and has a beard.

Edited by Lbm (see edit history)

I promise it was all very above board except for the 3 naked Chinese girls, Steve the midget and a man called Michael. No not that one. This one is short, stupid and has a beard.

I thought your music was solo stuff? That sounds like one heck of a band. I imagine with all of you a cover of the Timewarp would be quite a spectacle :D

sounds like an undercover police officer :D