The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thoughts on this Supra?

marc_p

On my hunt for a nice TT6 Facelift Supra I came across this one, I know the place as it's actually where I got my Supra from(although mine was a p/x and not a fresh import) I was just wondering if anybody has any thoughts on it price wise or maybe someone else has actually been to see it.

http://www.japperformanceuk.co.uk/jpp/details.php?id=603

Think the price reflects the condition as both inside & out it seems to be very clean & straight. Also remember prices are always, well normally are more expensive at a dealer than a private buy. Also when buying from a dealer you don't have as much haggling as you do in a private buy, but you have some sort of guarantee.

Don't like how the ariel is bent against the wing, very dodgy job. Should have stopped the ariel from going up.

Guest SupraTroopa
Mines a non-VVTI facelift too :).

Car looks pretty good, but as mentioned pretty pricey, i paid just shy of 10k for my 97 over a year ago and it had 49K on the clock, with similar condition.

Yeah I bought my 96 Facelift non-vvti back in April and paid 9k with 30,000km on the clock :). Took a lot of looking about and waiting though

Took a lot of looking about and waiting though

that's the problem at the moment, a very low volume of supra's about in general so obviously even fewer of a specific type ie the facelift and the manual further limit your choice.....add this to the fact that there are a fair few traders looking for any private sales that are at the cheap/reasonable end of the price range and you don't have an easy task on your hands.............you need to be patient and then act quickly, or look at the top end trader sales...........

Think the price reflects the condition as both inside & out it seems to be very clean & straight. Also remember prices are always, well normally are more expensive at a dealer than a private buy. Also when buying from a dealer you don't have as much haggling as you do in a private buy, but you have some sort of guarantee.

Don't like how the ariel is bent against the wing, very dodgy job. Should have stopped the ariel from going up.

Looking to use mine as a p/x so trade is the way to go at the moment.

Is it just me or does it seem a tad pricey... I brought my TT6 with simelar mileage two years back for 7k, since then the price has dropped, admittedly mine wasn't in as good nick as that... but still... seems rather allot?

TT6's seem to be going up in value and this is a facelift aswell

i wouldnt give 10k for that seems pretty steep, there are better examples around, jurgen always gets the nice ones in...

It's a similar price to what Jurgen sells these for.

that's the problem at the moment, a very low volume of supra's about in general so obviously even fewer of a specific type ie the facelift and the manual further limit your choice.....add this to the fact that there are a fair few traders looking for any private sales that are at the cheap/reasonable end of the price range and you don't have an easy task on your hands.............you need to be patient and then act quickly, or look at the top end trader sales...........

Exactly, I would be tempted with the right pre-facelift though or maybe a cheap auto for a manual conversion.

Beware of Jap Performance UK - i did not have a great experience with them.

When I spent nearly a year looking for a Supra, I pretty much gave up and spotted on at the above company that looked nice but was a bit pricey for what it was. Rang up, arranged to travel up, view the car, test drive and discuss a purchase all being well.

Got their, owner was initially quite welcoming and friendly. Left me alone to take my time looking over the car. The car turned out to be what Iw ould class as in a pretty tatty state boy work wise, with a some flat spots on the paint and a few scuffs/grazes here and there, yet was told the body work was perfect on the phone. All engine fluids (engine, auto box, coolant) were dangerously low. Couldn't conclude why but the engine bay had been steam cleaned by them before parking it up so no chance of identifying leaks.

They refused do the usual UK compliant stuff like mph speedo, fog light and whatever little things need to be done for the very high price they were asking. They would have done it at extra cost for me though! :rolleyes:

Then they refused a test drive unless I agreed to buy the car first and put down money.... (I actually had £500 cash and could easily have paid for the car in full on the spot if it ticked my boxes) - however, how can you agree to do thus, without being fully satisfied that the car drives well, you are happy with the dealer and agreeing a purchase price :confused: After stating that I was in a position to leave a deposit/buy provided I am happy with the car I was still refused a test drive, yet a test drive was accepted during a prior phone call to arrange viewing. Overlooking this for the moment I decided to see what they best price he would do the car at. Car was a 1995 TT Auto, priced at £7995. He said he would take off £50 due to exchange rates :rolleyes: At this point I thought f*ck it and returned home.

As I had phone up and driven up on a saturday (which turned out to be a waste at this point), I took a slow look around all the other imported cars they had. Some looked very nice externally and some made me shudder and think, how can dealers have the cheek to present cars in a such a tatty state yet request at least, top whack for them!

I would most certainlly not advice anyone looking for a decent car at the right money to use Jap Performance UK. Like me, take your time and search the classifieds or take club advice and approach the authorised club traders such as JM Imports and GarageWhifbitz.

Beware of Jap Performance UK - i did not have a great experience with them.

When I spent nearly a year looking for a Supra, I pretty much gave up and spotted on at the above company that looked nice but was a bit pricey for what it was. Rang up, arranged to travel up, view the car, test drive and discuss a purchase all being well.

Got their, owner was initially quite welcoming and friendly. Left me alone to take my time looking over the car. The car turned out to be what Iw ould class as in a pretty tatty state boy work wise, with a some flat spots on the paint and a few scuffs/grazes here and there, yet was told the body work was perfect on the phone. All engine fluids (engine, auto box, coolant) were dangerously low. Couldn't conclude why but the engine bay had been steam cleaned by them before parking it up so no chance of identifying leaks.

They refused do the usual UK compliant stuff like mph speedo, fog light and whatever little things need to be done for the very high price they were asking. They would have done it at extra cost for me though! :rolleyes:

Then they refused a test drive unless I agreed to buy the car first and put down money.... (I actually had £500 cash and could easily have paid for the car in full on the spot if it ticked my boxes) - however, how can you agree to do thus, without being fully satisfied that the car drives well, you are happy with the dealer and agreeing a purchase price :confused: After stating that I was in a position to leave a deposit/buy provided I am happy with the car I was still refused a test drive, yet a test drive was accepted during a prior phone call to arrange viewing. Overlooking this for the moment I decided to see what they best price he would do the car at. Car was a 1995 TT Auto, priced at £7995. He said he would take off £50 due to exchange rates :rolleyes: At this point I thought f*ck it and returned home.

As I had phone up and driven up on a saturday (which turned out to be a waste at this point), I took a slow look around all the other imported cars they had. Some looked very nice externally and some made me shudder and think, how can dealers have the cheek to present cars in a such a tatty state yet request at least, top whack for them!

I would most certainlly not advice anyone looking for a decent car at the right money to use Jap Performance UK. Like me, take your time and search the classifieds or take club advice and approach the authorised club traders such as JM Imports and GarageWhifbitz.

Cheers for that mate, like I said, I got mine from them but it was a p/x, not one that they had imported so didn't experiance any of the above, time to PM Jurgen I think.