The mkiv Supra Owners Club

cheap uk supra on ebay

Stephen G

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will he really let it go that cheap though ??

I have won cars for peanuts on ebay with no reserve to be told they are sold already and it was a mistake, they should have removed it, this drives me crazy

I always contact the seller, view the car and pay cash away from ebay now

Doing just this with a 1971 MGB GT on Saturday

Edited by tooquicktostop (see edit history)

160,000 miles..............

Nothing to be sniffed at... remember mine has done 100k and you didn't notice :p

Though that is very cheap & with no reserve like Dean mentioned I'd be very worried. If this is based in NI then the likes of ISS would know about this and if it was going for a silly price I am sure they would have already snapped it up.

Any guys in NI owned this car before? Or seen it around?

I saw several 45-68,000km Jap imports that were sheds, refused some lower mileage UK spec cars due to lack of correct service hirtory and picked my Uk spec with FTSH, 140,000miles in A1 condition up and couldn't be happier with it. Even went for this over 2003 Audi RS6 and BMW M5's whcih was what I would have reluctantly bought did I not get my current Supra. Runs absolutly A1, far better than many cars I have had with less miles and its a a credit to Japanese over engineering.

I emailed him about this on ebay in Novemeber when it was last for sale on ebay. Its done 160k, I know that doesnt mean anything to a well looked after engine. I was close to booking a flight to go and view/maybe purchase. It was up for 5.5k then.

One word of caution, when the ad was up in november he stated it smoked from start up and on boost and that the valve stem seals needed replacing which is not included in this times advert. I found another Supra but like I said was interested and exchanged a few emails but the stem seals issue put me off.

Scotty

I emailed him about this on ebay in Novemeber when it was last for sale on ebay. Its done 160k, I know that doesnt mean anything to a well looked after engine. I was close to booking a flight to go and view/maybe purchase. It was up for 5.5k then.

One word of caution, when the ad was up in november he stated it smoked from start up and on boost and that the valve stem seals needed replacing which is not included in this times advert. I found another Supra but like I said was interested and exchanged a few emails but the stem seals issue put me off.

Scotty

wow thanks for the headsup m8. Nearly made a costly mistake

;)

Wonder if I should post a question to him about the seals on ebay....

Edited by jonathanc (see edit history)

wow thanks for the headsup m8. Nearly made a costly mistake

;)

Wonder if I should post a question to him about the seals on ebay....

Most mkiv tt's with 100,000 miles or more will be needing new stem seals along with quite a few other parts if not already changed

Allow around £500 to do the stem seals if done with the head on ;)

Yeah Dnk not the most costly job but I was really interested in this and was about to look for a flight from east mids (only 20 mins from me) but at the time it was up for 5.5k and didnt want to buy to have to get work done. I bought off the classifieds instead. Im wondering if he has had it done. I have just enquired;)

Dear biker.will,

hi mate I enquired about the car in November, I remember it smoked as stated in your last ad which was maybe valve stem seals has this been rectified? as it is not mentioned in your new ad..cheers Rob

- dvdhouse111

1995 TOYOTA SUPRA TWIN TURBO U.K. Model

Item Id: 280451043523

End time: 20-Jan-10 20:31:46 GMT

Buyer:

dvdhouse111 (202)

100.0% Positive Feedback

Member since 23-Sep-03 in United Kingdom

Listing Status: This message was sent while the listing was active.

Scotty

Yeah Dnk not the most costly job but I was really interested in this and was about to look for a flight from east mids (only 20 mins from me) but at the time it was up for 5.5k and didnt want to buy to have to get work done. I bought off the classifieds instead. Im wondering if he has had it done. I have just enquired;)

Dear biker.will,

hi mate I enquired about the car in November, I remember it smoked as stated in your last ad which was maybe valve stem seals has this been rectified? as it is not mentioned in your new ad..cheers Rob

- dvdhouse111

1995 TOYOTA SUPRA TWIN TURBO U.K. Model

Item Id: 280451043523

End time: 20-Jan-10 20:31:46 GMT

Buyer:

dvdhouse111 (202)

100.0% Positive Feedback

Member since 23-Sep-03 in United Kingdom

Listing Status: This message was sent while the listing was active.

Scotty

Nice one, update us if pos ;)

Most mkiv tt's with 100,000 miles or more will be needing new stem seals along with quite a few other parts if not already changed

Aye agreed mate. Just as scotty said though prefer something that doesn't need working on. "Quite few parts" could turn out to be a very expensive experience ;)

Aye agreed mate. Just as scotty said though prefer something that doesn't need working on. "Quite few parts" could turn out to be a very expensive experience ;)

Unless you find a very well looked after mkiv and pay a premium price for it then prepare to have to do something to it.

Good luck on your hunt

Unless you find a very well looked after mkiv and pay a premium price for it then prepare to have to do something to it.

Good luck on your hunt

True I guess... was just tempted by the ad saying everthing's in order but I guess you can't 100% trust ebay ads especially for cars.

Oh, and a low price doesn't always mean there's definitely something wrong with the car ;)

Just seen it only has 50 odd minutes left!! 3900 + 500 for seals (if they need doing) plus say another 500 for any odd bits still only leaves it at 4900. Not bad for saying it was up for 5.5k in November. I bet it will go cheap so will be ultimately a good buy for somebody :)

Scotty

Just seen it only has 50 odd minutes left!! 3900 + 500 for seals (if they need doing) plus say another 500 for any odd bits still only leaves it at 4900. Not bad for saying it was up for 5.5k in November. I bet it will go cheap so will be ultimately a good buy for somebody :)

Scotty

well there's no reserve so I wonder if he would really sell it for that price....