The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which Front Bumper????

Paul Laing

When i go FMIC in the summer, which front bumper should i go for? I don't want a mega expensive one like 800 quid, but just a nice one like Bomex etc.

Iv'e attached a pic of my car, which one would suit the car best and which would show off the Intercooler best?

Cheers,

Paul

front.jpg

Not the Bomex! For gawds sake it's the new Veilside, every bugger has got one.

I'm seriously considering ditching my 6 month old Veilsnide bumper and getting a Whifbitz or Do-Luck (same as Ashley Willis used to have before he went to a Bomex *yawn*)

All the above IMHO of course :thumbs:

Originally posted by BigMoistyturbo

I'll have your vielsnide if you decide to change...pm me!

eh? According to the web page in your sig you want a . . . . *gasp* BOMEX bumper. :tongue:

Seriously though Rob, I'll let you have first refusal when I get my FMIC cos I'll probably change the bumper at the same time

Doluck or Whifbitz ;) the Bomex one is nice but only with the little lights ala dude's car. Think the Doluck or Whifbitz will suit your cars colour more :D what's the FMIC doing to your insurance...or is it one of those "i haven't fitted a FMIC" jobby? :p

Originally posted by Jake

Not the Bomex! For gawds sake it's the new Veilside, every bugger has got one.

I'm seriously considering ditching my 6 month old Veilsnide bumper and getting a Whifbitz or Do-Luck (same as Ashley Willis used to have before he went to a Bomex *yawn*)

All the above IMHO of course :thumbs:

I actually take offence to that remark, firstly as I was one of the first on this BBS to want a Bomex, it just took over a year to get it done, and as I have said it over and over again, the day that I turn up at a meet and see a handfull of other Supes all running the Bomex front then I'll change, because what everyone should remember is that, maybe from a BBS's point of view where we may have most enthusiasts from around the UK, there might appear to be a lot of Bomex's, Paul E has even spoke with me at lenghts on how many Bomex's he's selling, yet I still see no one else with one that turns up to any meets, yet 75% of all Supes are still running the stock front.

But hey I dont even know why Im standing up for them, as I said before the Bomex is a shat bumper, everyone go buy a different bumper.

Agreed next time I would probably go for something else.....

EDITED: To say my car looks twice better than it ever did, why, becuase I chose it, unlike the whiftbitz copy I got on teh car when I bought it.......

DOUBLE EDIT: I must be getting tired, time for a image

Originally posted by Paul Laing

We might have done this before but can't i put up a picture of "my" car and ask peoples opinions on which bumper would suit it? Isn't that what the BBS is for?

Paul

its exactly what the BBS is for paul. to be honest though i wouldnt bother with other opinions its what you like that counts. i bought the common veilside and it doesnt worry me its been done to death as i know it looks good and turns heads where ever i go. i proably will have a good look at other supes at billing and if theres another bumper that really catches my eye i may well change it.

Originally posted by Paul Laing

We might have done this before but can't i put up a picture of "my" car and ask peoples opinions on which bumper would suit it? Isn't that what the BBS is for?

Paul

Of course m8 - it was just overkill IMHO

Sorry - I'll shut up:thumbs:

Your exactly right Lee, and some people say the Bomex and Veilside are common but at the end of the day it's not a Saxo or Corsa, theres not that many Supras so how people can say certain ones are common amazes me when most Supras have the stock front. The Veilside is popular because it's nice, as is the Bomex.

Keep the Veilside one, looks great on your car, especially with a FMIC :D

Hopefully, there will be loads there yeah but not all with the same wheels and kit as me thats the reason i posted the pic so people could give me an opinion on what they think would suit my car, although it will be nice to see different bumpers :)

Paul - Your sig is way too small :p

there are very few after market front ends I would put on my car. Now I am not saying I love the stock front end to bits but I just don't think that a lot of the aftermarket affairs would look good on mine.

Colour, ride height, and alloys make a huge difference to the looks of any body styling addition. The addition of a mettalic or flip element to a colour is enough to alter a body styling items looks for instance.

I liked the look of the ferrari take off front end but then saw it on a car that wasn't as low but in the same colour and thought it looked cack.

Also I will say that pictures aren't an accurate method of selecting a body styling product. Get yourself to a big meet that has a good selection of cars going and see what you like the look of. Try not to get bogged down in the exclusivity snobby opinion wars that seem to go on lol.

Ashley, was i having a go at you or are you talking about a different Paul? I don't think i mentioned you once.....:conf:

Dangerous Brain lol - I know what you mean about a meetup, seeing nice bumpers and choosing one, but it might suit the car it's on and you might love it, but once on your own with say different styling it might look crap! That was the reason i put a pic of my car on here so people could give their opinion on which would suit "my" car, which people have done.

Cheers to them :thumbs:

Originally posted by Ashley Willis

it was just Jakes, *yawn* remark at me which I didnt appreciate

Huh? You're too touchy mate. :tongue:

Just seems strange to me that everyone who is changing their bumper at the moment goes for the Bomex F&F style one. I mean, how come those are suddenly the one to have? They've been out for several years haven't they? (The TFATF movie must have been what, 3 years ago?) So why are they suddenly popular now? Don't get me wrong, it's an OK looking bumper if you like that sort of thing, loads of holes/vents etc, I just liked your old one much better (apart from the duct tape :D )

Besides, you shouldn't take any notice of what bumper I think does or doesn't look good, it's your car after all. That's why I added the "IMHO" at the end of what I said yesterday :thumbs:

Anyway, what's happening with your car now Ash? Is it back on the road now after your turbo nightmares?