The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of repainting/swapping wheels...

James

Currently have Rota GTR 18" on the car just now. 8J front, 9.5J rear. Pretty poor tyres on all round (budgets from when I got the car).

I painted them black a little while ago (which I have NO good photos of as yet!:-

They looked like this before:-

Which, in looking at pictures, I think I prefer over the black. The main reason for painting was lacquer peel was irritating me and I fancied a change aswell anyway!

What I'm thinking is either to give them an extravagant colour (green, blue etc.) or white as eventually they'll just be "spare" wheels when I buy a new set.

My other consideration is to see if anyone would swap for a set of stock 17s.?

Otherwise, how much do the stock 17s normally go for? I'd be wanting to chrome them if I got some:-

Thoughts? :)

The chromed look is not for me personally. I like the look of the GTRs and black looks good on a white car, how about getting them powdercoated in a shadow chrome effect which is not as dark and as Jay says shows the style of the wheel more. In the sun it looks awesome.

Dont think ive got any pics in my garage of my new wheels but they are on the whifbitz section somewhere - off to find them.

here you go

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

Green/blue would be ghastly.

Silver is better than black as you can see the wheels design better (the black ones could be anything IMHO)

Get the Rota's refurbd by Speedwells with a silver with a nice metalic fleck :)

That's not always a bad thing though Jay :p

I'm trying my best to put myself OFF of doing them white as I've been thinking of going down the route of white TE-37s. Well, either that or track down some mega dished offerings!

A nice silver may be a plan, I'll need to have a think!

The chromed look is not for me personally. I like the look of the GTRs and black looks good on a white car, how about getting them powdercoated in a shadow chrome effect which is not as dark and as Jay says shows the style of the wheel more. In the sun it looks awesome.

Dont think ive got any pics in my garage of my new wheels but they are on the whifbitz section somewhere - off to find them.

here you go

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/gw_images/forum%20pics/mike.jpg

They certainly do look good, thanks for the pic!

The black DOES look good, it's just that a lighter finish I think would be better again!

I have a set of stock 16's with Falken tyres that have covered about 50 miles in the garage. Not 17's I know but I am after some rota's and would like black so would be willing to sort something out.

I may get back to you on that! Ideally it'd be 17s but will - again - have a think about things! :)