The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting folding mirrors

evinX

Hi all i want to fit facelift electric fold in mirrors to my 93 na import which dosent have electric fold in mirrors, i have a ignition panel that has the switch for the electric fold in mirrors and the acutal mirrors, was wondering how do i wire it up, has it been done, if possible can i buy the loom of a scrapper?

need something like this, power -> swtich -> mirrors

any help would be much apprichiated

Yeah i suppose it could be done:

power - just get +12v from anywhere which comes on with the car, ie radio/heaters.

switch - 3 way (On-Off-On) double pole toggle switch with spring return to centre,

folding motor - from a breaker/trader?

Then connect the +12v and negative to the middle two poles on the switch (off), then connect +12v and -12V to one side of the switch (on) and then the opposide on the other side (on).

This way, when you press the switch to the left, it would operate the motor forwards to open the mirrors, and when you press it to the right, it would operate the motor in reverse, so the mirrors would fold in.

Hope you understand what i mean, this is how i wired up my electric aerial, so i have full control of its position :p

This is how i would wire it without relays.

The relay would stop the mirror motors trying to fold the mirrors around and around in circles, but obviously the bodywork would physically stop this.

Like i said i didnt use relays on my aeiral, and this is wired up the exact same way, youve just got to know when to take your finger off the toggle switch.

Hope this helps.

Wouldn't it be easier to speak to keron, and get the mirrors, switch, and everything else needed. Also have you checked to see if you have a plug tucked away behind the dash as im sure the looms would be universal, so that they would not have tomake a number of different looms for cars with optional extras.