The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ebony and Ivory anone used them

mobius

Thanks Devan yeah Ben sounded OK when I spoke to him today, could you take a quick look at the silver celica GT4 he has, and getting back to me since you are going over there. mobile is 07919405353 would be appreciated.

I am swithering between sticking with getting supra for about £10k or they have the gt4 for just over £5k save the money and start paying more onto the mortgage:bang:

less of a loan if you get my drift

Edited by mobius (see edit history)

Yeah bought my fresh import from them nearly 3 years ago they seem good dealers, hard to negotiate though! Took my supra to them when it wasn't starting after I had faffed with it, to cut a long story short. It took them 4 days to diagnose the problem but only charged me a one day's labour as it was a relatively simple fix.

Turns out crank sensor had fallen off/gone out of alignment, also they give the standard 3 month warranty and didn't quibble when I took it back to get it fixed after noticing a small turbo oil leak.

Cost me 10k for my jspec TT 6 speed when I bought it in March 2007, they won't haggle but after much persistence I managed £500 in a free thatcham cat 2 alarm and immobiliser setup.

Apart from my faffing and a new water pump car has been solid for those three years.

Edited by kjgreen3
my spelling is as good as tiger woods fidelity tonight (see edit history)

cheers general condition, any scratches or mismatched paint, there were scratches on the quarter panel and front bumper that have been repaired, I was told and should be 22000miles so does interior match with mileage.:) Ta

I know Supra still my preferred choice I think, but ltd room in the boot and the fact I have to pick up my grandson from nursery once a week, and not sure of rear seat room for him and his chair.

I posted a thread a while back and have been informed not a problem, but still not sure and since none for sale in my area to go see a bit of a pain, nearest dealer is 50 mins drive away but getting the time to travel and see it for 2 and a half hours is ltd.

another favour could you measure the seat base front to back and how much travel with the passenger seat forward there is and then I can compare my soarer:d I know pushing it but appreciated.

Dave

Thanks for that Budd

For the back seats, anything taller than 5 foot possibly 5 foot 2" will be hitting the roof lining. Without measuring from memory the distance from the back seat cushion to the back of the passenger seat (when its slid forward to its maximum) is about 2 and a half foot. If there isn't a passenger then you can also tilt the passenger seat forward to give you maybe another 6 inches of distance.

I have had my gf's friends in the back, not in that way! and although cramped they have managed with the space ok. My mates on the other hand have had to assume the featal position if they are over 5 foot 6 to get in the back.

I still say take one for a test drive, ebony and ivory are fine with that even if you don't seem that interested in buying. The dealers seem to like any excuse to take a supra for a spin even if they aren't driving.

@ Devan Whearabouts in lincolnshire are you I used to live in a small village called waddingham off the A15 about halfway between scunthorpe and lincoln.

ahh cheers for clearing that up kjgreen3, saves me taking a tape measure with me lol,

I live in Scunthorpe itsself, near the main postoffice and hospital, about 1/2 a mile from work at Corus, and right in the middle of town, so i can walk into town and get drunkted without thinking about a taxi lol.

Yeah i know where Waddingham is, ive never been, but been past on the way to Damons before, what i great rack of ribs they do lol!

Ah good old corus pretty much the life blood of scunthorpe since it almost takes up the entirity of Brigg rd. Waddingham isn't worth visiting its full of inbreds and before you ask I moved there when I was 7 :p

Used to go to John Leggott college spent many nights out at the Baths hall in my younger days. There is a Damons in Sheffield its pretty good as you say but I heartily recommend China Royal restaurant in Brigg if you are into your Chinese food.

If you go past waddingham towards Brandy Wharf there is a nice cider brewery/pub there which does as the name suggests some quality cider.

Off topic sorry mobius, but hopefully we have answered all your questions.

Nice to meet a fellow lincolnshirian into supras.

Yeah Corus is currently fuelling my Supra addiction lol.

I went to North Lindsey to do my electrical apprenticeship, and now there 1 day a week doing HNC, looking to get in the Navy as a electrician in the submarines, id love to be in a sub :p

Ive never been to Sheffield Damons, but the one in Lincoln i go to quite a lot. And ive never been to China Royal, but ill give it a go one day. Yeah been to Brandy Wharf before, but only ever had 'drivers cider' as ive always been driving lol.

Nice to meet you too, where do you live now?

Well I'm currently an electrician working in sheffield. Went to shef hallam uni to do electronic engineering, graduated and retrained as an electrician and have been doing that ever since and that is what is currently funding my supra when the girlfriend permits.

As an electrician I always say water and electricity don't mix so why the hell do you want to be under water working with electricity lol. How about the raf or army I would have loved to have been working on the electrics on a harrier jump jet or a chieftian tank if I'd known I would end up being a sparky.

I just fancy going in the navy, the army doesnt appeal to me at all, and i dont know why, but i just prefer the navy to the raf.

Yeah electricity and water dont mix, but i like the idea of working with missiles, torpedoes, nuclear stuff, and being deep in the sea in a submarine, also travelling and seeing the world!

Yeah it would be pretty cool to be in a sub, as impressive engineering has always appealed to me. I just don't think I could last more than a month in there as the confinement would eventually get to me.

Although I could see you being very busy when the batteries are engaged for silent running op's, just don't drop a spanner across the terminals. I did a calculation when studying to be an electricain and the intantaneous power output of a 60Ah battery is roughly equal to the average power station at about 5 Megawatts, thats why they generally explode when shorted out.