The mkiv Supra Owners Club

vvti ecu options

jihwaan

I know its been covered briefly but are there any new options on the market or on the horizon for the vvti?

Any plugin options available for this engine harness as it uses more plugs than non vvti ecu? Or is there a harness from the aristo that can be used with certain ECU?

If i use a piggyback like the map ecu and just change to a non DBW throttle will the standard ecu have a fit because it isnt getting DBW sensor signals? or is this even possible?

I am pulling my hair out tryning to figure out my options here- it seems paying through the nose for an fcon pro and getting it tuned is my only option..

OK after much searching I think I have found the answer-

Vipec plug and play for the vvti supra- and it can control the vvti and DBW systems perfectly, even comes with a base map- V88 here

pdf of pinouts here

http://www.vi-pec.com/image_files/plugin/SupraVVT-i_V88Plugin.jpg

I have been searching for something like this for days. A plugin solution for the VVTI's that isnt locked to certain tuners like the HKS is. I hope this information helps someone else out. apparently a few of the Aussie guys are having success with these, I spoke to JPC performance who have installed a few into supra's now and they seem quite happy with them..and there are a few guys on the aussie forum who have had success with these.

Cost is about $3200 AUD (about 1800 GBP at current exchange rate) with everything (ecu, plugin adapter, base map etc)..

As I said I hope this info helps someone else out like its helped me..!