The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Roll Cage Questions

jevansio

I've been through old posts but got new new questions.

I'm looking into getting a rear cage for the Supra, I just want roll protection and a harness bar.

1. How much does it affect insurace (I will ask my company tomorrow but a rough guide now would be great).

2. It has to be functional, but is just for the street (ie no regs I need to meet), therefore which is best bolt in or weld in

3. Is it better to buy a one ie Cusco or have one made specifically?

4. Anyone recommend anyone who can make & install a safe cage, the closer to the North East the better

5. I realise this will depend on a number of factors, but rough cost or links would be good

I have looked on Whiffins site but they all seem to come into the front cabin on the pics, as I won't be wearing a helmet all the time this is no good for me

I have looked on Whiffins site but they all seem to come into the front cabin on the pics, as I won't be wearing a helmet all the time this is no good for me

Any cage area that could come into contact with the occupants should have padding on it anyway, proper stuff, not B&Q grey heating cover ;)

1. no idea, im on a trade insurance.

2. Cussco rear cage is nice, fits perfectly, also Heigo is very nice but you cant keep the rears seats with that one.

3. If you want weld in and regs then get custom made but cost will be high, otherwise cussco.

4. no idea.

5. Got my cussco from here. http://www.part-box.com/cusco-m-6.html

Heigo http://www.heigo.de/