The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi from hampshire

awu98

Hi guys, joined up to have a browse around, previously owned a supra a few years ago, and had to sell up for a few reasons (Insurance at 18 was a nightmare and wanted to move out.. beleive the buyer was on here actually!) and currently have a Soarer Twin Turbo but am on the hunt out for another turbo supe if I can find one in budget, as I've done nothing but winge how I want another one and miss it like crazy!

but thought I'd say hey anyway :)

• 1 month later...

cheers guys. I'm in Aldershot so not a million miles from Fareham!

Couple of pics of the soarer :)

after a trip to Germany ;)

Have seen a nice looking Supe, in black too which is exactly what I wanted, and the price is very right (£1400), BUT, and it's a big but, it's a N/A.. can't help but think I'll miss the boost big time! I've never driven a N/A though so may give it a try.

MPG wise are they much less thirsty than the TT? I do quite a few miles so it'd be the only redeeming feature in my mind!

Alternatively I'll hang on and buy a TT, I'm just v impatient!

Hello and welcome!

A supra for £1400! Sounds like a potential bargain. NAs are a bit less thirsty than a TT: it really depends on how much time you spend on boost. Expect mid 20s MPG from an NA driven fairly carefully, with occasional heavy-right-foot, and perhaps low 20s MPG from a TT. The TT boys on here will be able to give you better figure than I can.

Ignore anyone who says "If you're asking about MPG, then you can't afford a supra". That's very blinkered and it's too tedious/repetitive to put them right. :)

Tell me about it, it's a good price (mint but higher miles, 113k) which is making the decision harder - I think if I go for it, it will only be a stop gap until I've lumped enough to go for a TT again :)

aye don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting high figures - I get 17 on boost in the 1JZ soarer, 32 on cruise control so know it won't be pretty! My old TT got similar, but the mpg in my mind only comes in as a factor when deciding if to go N/A or not in that unless I can see a good 10 or so extra from the n/a, I'm pretty sure I'll be a bit underwhelmed if I go for it (in that there wouldn't really be any benefit to having it aside the price I suppose)

Sounds like you're better off with a TT. I doubt you'd see 10 extra mpg with an NA, more like 4 or 5.

Also, IMO it's much better to get the car you really want from the outset, assuming you can afford it of course with enough margin left to cover the inevitable running and maintenance costs. Some people start with an NA then swap the engine to a TT, but personally I wouldn't bother unless it's something you'd like to do for personal interest.