The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift Indicators ( Front Bumper)

RobD

I'm looking at getting a set of clear indicators for the front at the end of the month to go with my new lights i'm due to be picking up from Dave (Supraloopy), but the new lights are pre-facelift but have been made to look like facelift so I want the clear lense's to go with them, but can I use the facelift indicators with a pre-facelift setup or will they need to be clear lenses made for a pre-facelift model?

I can't make sense of your question, but will have a go at answering.

The pre-facelift lights will have the sidelight bulb mount in them still.

The facelift indicators will have two options for bulbs as they have two light sections each. The outer section can be used as a sidelight, OR as an indicator. It's just a question of where you want the sidelight to be lit.

Pre/post facelift lights don't make any difference to the choice of indicator, unless you are fitting pre-facelift indicators to a facelift headlamp (not that anyone would do that)

Facelift indicators can be used fine with prefacelift front lights, you just need the facelift wiring loom to wire in them in.

I'm looking at getting a set of clear indicators for the front at the end of the month to go with my new lights i'm due to be picking up from Dave (Supraloopy), but the new lights are pre-facelift but have been made to look like facelift so I want the clear lense's to go with them, but can I use the facelift indicators with a pre-facelift setup or will they need to be clear lenses made for a pre-facelift model?

facelift headlights dont have the side light dome in them as they are in the facelift (clear) indicators! but you can fit facelift indicators and not wire the side light to them as i have done or u can have 2 sets of side lights one in your pre-facelight headlights and one in your facelift indicators! but u cannot get clear lenses for pre facelift indicators! just the ginger blobs! hope this helps! if you need facelift indicators (ie clear ones) nic is your best bet!

Edited by broomie (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

Sorry to bring this up again. But if I wanted to have a sidelight in both my prefacelift headlights and my facelift indicators, would it simply be a case of splicing into the current sidelight, attaching a wire for the indicator sidelight connector and you're done? Or am i making it WAY to simple :D