The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hi...pics!

fabiocandido

''welcome, i hope thats a single turbo on a tt lump and not a na Wink''

No its on my non turbo mate Wink and its going to be a single turbo in less than one year mate i do know its dificult but im a mechanic and i've done it before on a supra and a nissan 300zx and ill do it again.Once it's done i will email you some pics Wink cheers.

''welcome, i hope thats a single turbo on a tt lump and not a na Wink''

No its on my non turbo mate Wink and its going to be a single turbo in less than one year mate i do know its dificult but im a mechanic and i've done it before on a supra and a nissan 300zx and ill do it again.Once it's done i will email you some pics Wink cheers.

I'm guessing English isn't your first language so I will try to explain what was meant by the previous comment.

The N/A engine isn't as good a base for a single turbo as a TT engine. If you want to do a single build properly you will really need a TT engine. N/A's need a lot of work to get them up to scratch, money best spent on a TT to begin with.

Hope that helps.

''I'm guessing English isn't your first language so I will try to explain what was meant by the previous comment.

The N/A engine isn't as good a base for a single turbo as a TT engine. If you want to do a single build properly you will really need a TT engine. N/A's need a lot of work to get them up to scratch, money best spent on a TT to begin with.

Hope that helps. ''

Actually it isnt my first language but im lucky enough to know 3 languages and i know english perfectly.in case your thinking that i dont know what 'tt lump ' means i know perfectly what it means , the thing is i wanna upgrade the whole engine my way. Just one thing not trying to be rude but what was the point of saying that english isnt my first language?I didnt make any spelling mistakes neither did i say a stupid thing imo.cheers

I didnt make any spelling mistakes neither did i say a stupid thing imo.cheers

You said a few stupid things bud, if you want me to point them out I can. As an example it isn't normal to start off a thread with "thanks" unless you are saying thanks for something.

I was trying to help out with the understanding of the previous post as you clearly didn't know what the "wink" was in regards to. If you want to act pompous and be clearly blind ignorant then help yourself. I won't bother in future.

Go ahead and point them im curious to know where im ignorant.Imo ur just being plain rude and im ignorant because i said cheers in the end? Seems to me ur being the ignorant here and one more thing im not in the forum to be argueing about stupid stuff with someone that i dont even know and is judging me.I registered here because i love supras and the more that i can know about them the better and meet other supra lovers.

Go ahead and point them im curious to know where im ignorant.Imo ur just being plain rude and im ignorant because i said cheers in the end? Seems to me ur being the ignorant here and one more thing im not in the forum to be argueing about stupid stuff with someone that i dont even know and is judging me.I registered here because i love supras and the more that i can know about them the better and meet other supra lovers.

Normally I wouldn't bother but it's late and I'm bored.

Thanks ppl

The way that you appear to have used this phrase, in English, would be put at the end of your post.. not the beginning. Using it in the beginning makes absolutely no sense and was the first sign that your first language was not English

welcome, i hope thats a single turbo on a tt lump and not a na;)

This is a quote from a member. The reason he made this post is as I explained. The TT engine is a much better base for a single than an N/A engine.

This was your response. The lack of smileys and inserting of the word "Wink" is very strange. It was the 2nd thing that pointed out to me that your first language was not English. That and the fact that, reading your response, you have no idea what he is talking about. The reason for his post wasn't that the job is difficult. It is, again as I pointed out, because the TT is more suitable for adding a single turbo setup to than an N/A engine is.

I'm guessing English isn't your first language so I will try to explain what was meant by the previous comment.

Hope that helps.

This is my reply. I could see that the comment previously made went over your head so I thought I would point out for the benefit of others that English may not be your first language. It was not really pointed out for your benefit. People tend to jump on peoples spelling and lack of understanding on this forum so I thought I would point out that you may well have a good reason for not being totally "on the ball" so to speak. I thought I was doing a good thing by explaining the previous persons statement so that you could make sense of it.

Actually it isnt my first language but im lucky enough to know 3 languages and i know english perfectly.in case your thinking that i dont know what 'tt lump ' means i know perfectly what it means , the thing is i wanna upgrade the whole engine my way. Just one thing not trying to be rude but what was the point of saying that english isnt my first language?I didnt make any spelling mistakes neither did i say a stupid thing imo.cheers

This response from yourself is very pompous and arrogant. For a start you say that you understand English perfectly, as I have shown... you do not. You make out that you know what is being spoken about by quoting "tt lump" and stating something that has absolutely no bearing on the comments made by myself or the previous OP. I didn't once say that you didn't know what a "TT lump" was. You clearly said a few things stupid, this is through no fault of your own as English is not your first language. I would be hopeless at anything other than English, and I'm not even very strong at that. I would never have the arrogance to say something in Spanish then declare none of it was jibberish though. Clearly someone from Spain who speaks Spanish would know far better.... well, in most cases anyway.

I am not being hostile, at least I am not meaning to sound it. You are very short and sharp with your replies so I pay you the same courtesy. The wires may have been crossed between us at some point but until you have a clear understanding of my intentions it is unfair to say I am being rude.

Edited by Scott (see edit history)

''People tend to jump on peoples spelling and lack of understanding on this forum'' You've done nothing but jump at me and mate SO WHAT if english isnt my first language??? You've said that like 10 times and tbh its getting quite annoying im not gonna argue anymore. goodnight and get a life its obvious that you have nothing to do and just wanna have a go at someone .I understood what he meant by the lump part and mate not gonna bother anymore ,im here for good reasons and this is my final reply to you.you're right my posts are short but thats because i dnt have the time for arguement. anyways take care.

''People tend to jump on peoples spelling and lack of understanding on this forum'' You've done nothing but jump at me and mate SO WHAT if english isnt my first language??? You've said that like 10 times and tbh its getting quite annoying im not gonna argue anymore. goodnight and get a life its obvious that you have nothing to do and just wanna have a go at someone .I understood what he meant by the lump part and mate not gonna bother anymore ,im here for good reasons and this is my final reply to you.you're right my posts are short but thats because i dnt have the time for arguement. anyways take care.

Fair enough. Your spelling is good, your understanding is not.

Enjoy your stay :)

thanks ppl!! my supra its a non turbo manual,but im gonna convert it into a single turbo,change it to audi white,side skirts and rear spats!!! have a look on it and tell me your thoughts!! cheers

hi and welcome, check out my thread ( MY SUPRA )im sure it has pictures of my supra in audi ibis white.;)

Hope that helps.

Utter trash. Why on earth did you feel the need to be so sh1tty to a new member, Scott?

NA-T's are very common, been done a million times...the risks are the same as doing a TT - T conversion. Use cheap, rubbish parts and get a bad result....use good parts and read up on the subject and it's all ok.

High Compression Turbo's are great for instant response and killer midrange, as long as the mapping is suitable then it should hang together just fine.

If there is a limiting factor it's the gearbox.

But if someone wants to do an NA-T conversion, who are you to scoff at them and tell them they are wrong when it's been done a lot?

As for his English it's perfectly fine. And he obviously understands far more than either of those who commented on the his choice of NA-T conversion.

Guest vintage21275
Utter trash. Why on earth did you feel the need to be so sh1tty to a new member, Scott?

NA-T's are very common, been done a million times...the risks are the same as doing a TT - T conversion. Use cheap, rubbish parts and get a bad result....use good parts and read up on the subject and it's all ok.

High Compression Turbo's are great for instant response and killer midrange, as long as the mapping is suitable then it should hang together just fine.

But if someone wants to do an NA-T conversion, who are you to scoff at them and tell them they are wrong when it's been done a lot?

As for his English it's perfectly fine. And he obviously understands far more than either of those who commented on the his choice of NA-T conversion.

I agree totally!!!

Guest vintage21275
thanks ppl!! my supra its a non turbo manual,but im gonna convert it into a single turbo,change it to audi white,side skirts and rear spats!!! have a look on it and tell me your thoughts!! cheers

Hi mate and welcome to the club it seems you are local to me i have a NA-T conversion right now and also have had experience with quite a few, so if you ever want to come round and have a look/ get a feel of one or get some advice please get in touch.

What are you on about Alex? It wasn't me that made the comment on NA-T conversions. I was explaining what the previous OP meant with their TT & N/A comment. I haven't went through the N/A-T or N/A-TT-T route so I wouldn't know personally, I only read opinions on here. Thread after thread after thread on here says it is easier, cheaper and more reliable to go N/A-TT-T than it is to go N/A - T. I wish people would read things properly.

Anyway, if you think he understood that point or any point I made after that then fair enough. I still don't think he got or gets any of it.

Is it currently MSB?

Yeah mate it currently is MSB.

''Welcome to the forum mate. Out of interest, what do you intend to do with the engine to make it suitable for the single?''

Cheers :),i want to put a large turbo around 600 bhp ,hks gearbox ,custom made manifold,forged pistons,full fuel system...hopefully im gonna start on the project in the summer , because for now i have other plans im going to get married in july :D but as soon as im back im gonna get started.when i start the conversion i will put pics up step by step :).

couldnt have put it better myself :thumbs:

lmao @ this thread.

Welcome to the club. Look forward to hearing more about this once you get started.

I understood what you said :) although i would make a suggestion, when you post, click "go advanced" and instead of writing the word "wink" you can insert the smiley that "winks" :)