The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Off to look at a supra tomorrow!!

staples230uk

I like my N/A, its just right for the amount of money it costs me as an everyday car.

I also remember when i was looking for a Supra, i went about 40 miles to look at one, and when the showroom guy went to get it, he couldnt turn the alarm off, and he then had to bump it off to drive it to me lol. It also had a space-saver on one of the rears, the aerial was missing, and was just a big hole, and the interior was a mess. He told me for £5K it would be snapped up by the next day, Haha what a joke! Its probably still there now.

NA uses the same amount of fuel as a TT, insurance is cheaper on a TT for some reason, and if you get a good one that has had recent turbo work then servicing should be about the same too.

Mine has had new turbos 8k ago so no need to worry about them, no rust, runs like a dream and costs me the same as my old NA.

When you have an NA and another fast car turns up and blitzes you from the traffic lights you always think 'If I had a TT I would have shown you'.

Just saying it is really worth thinking about it.

As the title implies off to look at a white supra NA aerotop. Fingers crossed it will be pretty decent. £3500 does not sound too bad to me. Getting closer to becoming a supra owner woohoo!!:D

Congratulations. Where in Norfolk are you?

£3500 is a fair price for an NA in good condition, looking forward to pictures.

If you want an NA get an NA.

I was in the same boat, everyone said i would regret it but i honestly dont, sure the extra power would be handy from time to time, but aslong as you accept that its not the quickest car out there then its all just good fun, i wouldnt change the fact i bought an inferior (in some peoples eyes) model.

I was in the same boat, everyone said i would regret it but i honestly dont, sure the extra power would be handy from time to time, but aslong as you accept that its not the quickest car out there then its all just good fun, i wouldnt change the fact i bought an inferior (in some peoples eyes) model.

Exactly the same for me. I could have spent ALL of my budgetand got an auto TT, but I got a lovely NA and have spent money on improvements, insurance, subtle mods, etc etc. Oh, and lots of fuel!

Congratulations. Where in Norfolk are you?

£3500 is a fair price for an NA in good condition, looking forward to pictures.

Cheers mate. Living in swaffham, cos I am based at RAF Marham. Used to work with Heckler. His car was and still looks awesome! Will update everyone on my progress tomorrow afternoon!

Cheers mate. Living in swaffham, cos I am based at RAF Marham. Used to work with Heckler. His car was and still looks awesome! Will update everyone on my progress tomorrow afternoon!

Nice one - I did work experience there! I'm from Castle Rising, King's Lynn so I know the area well.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on! :thumbs:

To all those who were following this thread......

I went this morning to see it, was quite nice. But missing aerial, no attempt to cover it to stop ingress, electric folding mirrors didn't fold, and could be easily knocked in. Cambelt needed doing and stereo was wired live. He was asking 3500 for it, I asked whether he'd accept 3200, he accepted all too easy. Am I being too suspicious? would be nice to know your opinions

Mileage / serviced ? You can get a nice one on here for that figure in the classifieds , have you had a look, is there anything up for grabs ? ;)

updated !! Just seen a lovely na auto in the classifieds, DJ BUTLERS BLACK SUPRA FOR £3000 , LOOKS A BARGAIN !!

nice one will have a look. it was 82000, not recently serviced 6 month MOT and Tax.

I would look/buy from the classifieds here as you would get a well looked after car and usually with some goodies on too:d

Good luck with your search and dont rush..... get a good one;)

Scotty

cheers scotty!!

Yeah gonna have to just sit and wait til my dream supra makes itself known to me lol!

cheers scotty!!

Yeah gonna have to just sit and wait til my dream supra makes itself known to me lol!

It was doin my head in too:d.... do i view do i not... ps dont let distance put you off... I did that but when I started to look further afield the options just opened up and then I bought

Scotty