The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra storage

dcarrter21

i tend to turn mine over once, twice per week mate. let it run for a while then turn it off. Will always have a quick look for leaks etc. just to be on the safe side. :D

IMO not the best thing to do George, its allways in cold start mode and never being used you will just be loading it up and may be filling the sump with fuel slowly which will greatly reduce the efficiency of the oil!!!, I would only start it if I intended to go for a bit of a drive and get it properly warm.

IMO not the best thing to do George, its allways in cold start mode and never being used you will just be loading it up and may be filling the sump with fuel slowly which will greatly reduce the efficiency of the oil!!!, I would only start it if I intended to go for a bit of a drive and get it properly warm.

Dude so basically if im starting her up, then to take her for a short drive, and get the temps up?

Dude so basically if im starting her up, then to take her for a short drive, and get the temps up?

Yes mate you are just loading everything up and the most wear you will inflict on that engine is when its cold!!!!! Engines that never switch off hardly wear out, if its garaged I would just leave it in there till the spring, put some carpet on the floor stop all draughts and put an oil filled radiator on, it will prob fire straight up come spring (or it would if Matt set up the cold start!!!;))

OK that's good to know.

I actually only fire my car up fortnightly - is this a problem? The battery seems to survive (how long does it take to fully recharge with the engine on?).

When I do fire her up, I then usually drive for over an hour/75 miles.

You can get a little OPTIMATE charger that will keep the battery nicely topped up, you just leave them attached and they charge when needed.

Exactly the little tool that i use on mine ;) Good little bit of kit :)

which one there is loads? :D

Ditto, mines probably been used twice in the last month but I never actually start unless I intend on driving it anywhere