The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 2010 epic journey.

marcAB10

Yeah, i know we live pretty damn far away but i am dead set on going to this this year and i know a few others from Aberdeen are also keen so i thought, stick up a thread and see if anyone else from Scotland is interested... perhaps we could get a good convoy on the go?

it's a confirmed date of Saturday August 14th.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=199451

I know from Aberdeen it is roughly an 8hr drive.

I'll be booking my holidays off for this tomorrow ;)

This is the predicted route-

Aberdeen, Perth, Glasgow, A74 to Carlise, M6 all the way down

1. marcAB10

-marc-

Edited by marcAB10 (see edit history)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and chances are there will be an after show event at Billing Aquadrome or a local hotel.

We may even try to organise something for the Sunday like karting.

sounds like it will be a good laugh! ill def come to this! will make sure im onshore for this!! i might hopefully have my TT conversion done by then :search:

and chances are there will be an after show event at Billing Aquadrome or a local hotel.

We may even try to organise something for the Sunday like karting.

Awesome, i'm keen to make a weekend of it, considering the trip we're making it would be silly not too! :D

What route are you taking? There is a good chance the Midlands/North West convoys could meet up with you:)

that would be great, obviously a route and schedule etc has yet to be made but if it all adds up and it isn't too much of a detour for the scottish lot then i'd say this would be the best option. :thumbs:

This is our usual route. There are a couple of differant ways we go after corley services on the M6. Obviously times are sorted closer to the date. It's usually corley where we meet the North West guys but I assume you'll be coming down the M6 and could meet them higher up if that was to happen.

It's a long way off yet but its good to get a rough idea of whos going which way:)

We sometimes meet the other midlands convoy if we go the M1 way rather than the A14.

I can't add my name at the moment due to having a sprog on the way but if I can make it I will.

The last time I went for a show we stayed the 2 nights. That the plan this time? Drive down on the Friday, show on the Saturday and then home on the Sunday?

The west coast people tend to head over the day before as well so there should be a few in the area.

I would recommend booking in to the Premier Inn at Northampton at Great Billing. It is onsite at the Billing Aquadrome and so if we do have another evening event there you will be best positioned. Or if you want to camp then Billing Aquadrome is also a major campsite and caravan park.

because we dont like you much... ;)

I would suggest this is being left open as it is a major operation to get the guys down from Scotland and they will be coming down the day before and then joining the proper convoys on the Saturday.

Is that a problem?

Not a problem. Just wondered why is all i will pm you my thoughts.

The west coast people tend to head over the day before as well so there should be a few in the area.

I would recommend booking in to the Premier Inn at Northampton at Great Billing. It is onsite at the Billing Aquadrome and so if we do have another evening event there you will be best positioned. Or if you want to camp then Billing Aquadrome is also a major campsite and caravan park.

Booked :D

• 4 weeks later...