The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BC Racing suspension - Need TüV

Guest J O H N S O N

Guest J O H N S O N

Hi Guys

I Need some tüv papers on my BC racing suspension ( BR )

If some one can find it - Or have it - I will pay to get it :)

It is nessary fore the MOT in Denmark :/

FROM THE WEB SITE:

BC Racing products are TUV certified so you are safe in the knowledge that the coilovers are of the highest quality and standards. The TUV certificate is your guarantee that the BC Racing coilovers are 100% fit for purpose.

TÜVs (short for Technischer Überwachungs-Verein, Technical Monitoring Association in English) are German organizations that work to validate the safety of products of all kinds to protect people and the environment against hazards.

As an independent consultant, they examine monitoring-needy plants, motor vehicles, energy installations, devices and products (e.g consumer goods).

The many subsidiaries of the TÜVs can also appear as project developers for energy and traffic concepts, problem solutions in the area of environmental protection and as certification bodies. Many of the TÜV organizations also provide registration to various standards such as, ISO9001:2000 quality management system and ISO/TS16949 automotive quality management system.

Guest J O H N S O N

This is the Aswer i get from TüV

Yes - the website says quite clearly that the products are TÜV certified - with the wording ought BC Racing also have proof of this. As I have said so covers the certificate you sent to me "only" manufacturer's quality system - it has nothing to do with a TÜV approval of the product. You may ask BR Racing to receive TÜV approval / certification of the current product you have purchased. If not it can deliver this, the text on their website ( http://www.bc-racing.co.uk )is clearly an abuse of TÜV's name. And i will take care of that

Sincerely,

Jacob Rivet Overgaard

TÜV Nord Denmark

Member of TÜV NORD Group

:S

Guest SupraGTE

I have been in the same situation :( most probaly they dont have TUV for the car/model itself only for general quality system, same as D2 Brakes for example they hav general TUV but no modelspecific TUV :(....... i had allot of problem with TEIN in Finland

It's only a matter of time (probably a short time) before modified parts for road cars here in the UK must meet some arbitrary industry standard. At the moment we are free to nail on whatever bits our fancy takes us to. Whether this will be good or bad is open to debate, but your choice will be severely limited and prices will go up substantially. Depending on the governments take it could make modified road cars, as we know them today, a thing of the past, save for minor trim variations and wheel styles. UKIP? :)