The mkiv Supra Owners Club

* Invisible Touch Detailing - Protection Detail Offer *

Stonkin

Hi,

As always at this time of year our cars are being affected heavily by the weather and general road conditions. Salt and grit will be corroding alloys as well as creating havoc with contaminating paintwork.

Invisible Touch Detailing is now running an offer on the Protection Detail until the 28th of February (bookings will need to be made and completed by this date)

Yes, cars do get very dirty at this time of year and no one wants to be outside cleaning them. However it’s extremely important it is still done. A professionally waxed vehicle with a sealant correctly applied to the wheels will make life so much easier for future cleans, will stay cleaner longer due to the vehicle being clayed, with contamination far less able to stick and will give you peace of mind that your vehicle is protected.

Protection Detail

This service is designed to ensure complete protection for a new vehicle and is also ideal to further protect a previously detailed vehicle from the harsh elements during winter/summer. Clayed paintwork will leave your vehicle silky soft to touch with all tar spots, bird droppings and environmental contamination removed. Creating an ideal base for a highly protective premium carnauba wax or premium paint sealant, that will provide a lasting protective barrier.

• Pre-wash snow foam to loosen any dirt prior to washing, which would normally inflict scratches and paint defects

• 2 bucket wash using 100% sheepskin mitts including all door/boot shuts

• All parts of the wheels cleaned with ‘acid free’ cleansers

• Wheels arches cleaned and protected

• Paintwork is clayed to remove bonded environmental contaminants

• 2 bucket wash again using 100% sheepskin mitts

• Vehicle is hand dried with plush microfiber towels

• Sealant applied to wheels to protect from brake dust

• Premium carnauba wax or premium paint sealant applied to protect paintwork

• Windows polished inside and out

• Interior hoovered and dusted

• Any interior/exterior metalwork polished

• Any interior/exterior rubbers/plastics protected

• Tyres dressed and protected

This service for a Supra is normally priced at £135. Up until 28th Feb I am offering 20% off the price so £108

In addition to the 20% off, I will also include a SECOND application of wax, COMPLETELY FREE! The second layer will provide far greater durability as well as making the overall finish deeper, darker and wetter looking. This is normally an additional charge of £30 on the Protection Detail

That’s a total saving of £57!! So please be quick to avoid missing out!

You can contact me on here via pm, or on my mobile and email details below.

Regards,

Christian

Edited by Stonkin (see edit history)

Ive had several people contact me asking the difference between Details that i have posted on here and the Protection Detail.

So just to clarify...

The protection detail does not include any polishing, by hand or by machine, so it is not like the stage 1 or 2 correction details i do. The steps performed are listed above.

The car would recieve a full thorough wash and would then be clayed to remove any contaminants stuck to the paint. If you run your knuckle over the paint it should be silky smooth, like glass. If it isnt, and if it hasnt ever been clayed, then i guarantee it will be covered in tar spots, bird dropping ettchings and environmental contamination. By having this on the paintwork its creating an almost invisible barrier of dirt. This will not only dull the finish, but it will also make cleaning the car much harder (not good at this time of year)

If a wax is applied on top of this dirt, it simply will not bond correctly which will mean its durability will be greatly reduced and you will lose the shine and gloss characteristics a professional wax will offer.

Another extremely useful benefit is that i would thoroughly clean the wheels and then apply a wheel sealant, which is like a wax, but designed for wheels in that it will repel heat and brake dust, which is the killer on wheels at this time of year with the amount of salt and grit all over the roads. Once a wheel sealant is applied, all you will need to do is jetwash them and perhaps apply some lightly shampood hot water to remove the grime, as opposed to spending ages with a toothbrush cleaning them.

So the benefit of the offer is having a fully clean, clayed car, wheels protected but also having 2 layers of professional wax applied which will provide maximum protection in this weather for a long time, for £108 instead of £165.

Edited by Stonkin (see edit history)

Hi Christian.

How long does this work take? for those who would have to travel any distance, would we need to drop the car off one day and then pick it up another? or would it be three or four hours? are you near any facilities to relax while you wait sort of thing.

Thanks.

Bob.

Hi Bob, this type of work would be completed in half a day without a problem. Guildford town is literally just down the road from me, i could happily drop you there and collect if you had some shopping to do. Equally you would be welcome to wait in the house with a cuppa or two and the tele, or, you if you have an interest in horses you would be welcome to spend some time with them.

Or, you would also be welcome to watch the process and perhaps learn a few things along the way :)

ooooh Stonkin thats asking for trouble or maybe I am relating it to me working in IT and a customer stood behind you going "Is it ready yet" :)

I would be interested in this, maybe an idea to arrange trips up with another member if it's possible and not too tiring to do 2 in a day?

Checked your site out a few times and saw you travel at extra cost (not sure if that stretches to Bristol though!).

The-Plethora, in IT theres nothing worse than someone standing over you :) But with regards to detailing, i enjoy customers watching as it gives me a chance to teach them correct car maintenance and enables them to keep their car looking better, for longer.

2 members would be welcome to come down on the same day. I'll travel at no extra cost within 50 miles, outside of that its just expenses for the van which is minimal.

Would be quite interested in getting some form of paint protection and ideally calipers re-painting (see you offer that on your website).

Do you normally work from home? I travel quite a bit so if I could bring the car in whilst passing some day I would prefer to take your advice on what would best benefit the car rather than what I 'think' it needs so if I can take it in first for a review it would help :)

Thanks for the info Christian, I think it may be a good idea to start the year off with the car treated to this, my car is in AFR at the moment though, having an engine rebuild with lots of new parts and I'm not sure when it will be finnished, hopefully not too long now, when I do get it I will be in touch.

Thanks.

Bob.

Great value for the work.

Id be very interested but unfortunatly getting my new wheel and boost controller fitted/set up is taking a fair bit of my spare cash.

Although saying that, i might have some dollar near the end of february :)

I will have to wait and see how things go and ill get in touch if i come into some credit :)

• 2 weeks later...

Final bump for this guys. Ive got at the most, 2 slots left available for this before the 28th.

This is a very good price for the work involved. Your car needs to be protected, especially at this time of year and will make your own maintenance so much easier.

If anyone has any questions, please contact me