The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any interest in Sparco Harness Bars

jevansio

Homer approved :D

I'm after one of these and UK suppliers are thin on the ground, I will be ordering one from Dusty shortly, I just wanted to see if anyone else was interested in getting one as if so it would be a good time to get a batch sent over.

FYI they are a bar that bolts behind the seats which you can attach your harnesses to. This is due to bolting the directly to the rear seatbelt points in the Supra is not technically safe.

Homer approved :D

I'm after one of these and UK suppliers are thin on the ground, I will be ordering one from Dusty shortly, I just wanted to see if anyone else was interested in getting one as if so it would be a good time to get a batch sent over.

FYI they are a bar that bolts behind the seats which you can attach your harnesses to. This is due to bolting the directly to the rear seatbelt points in the Supra is not technically safe.

to be honest harnesses are not safe unless you have a roll cage.with the harness you are kept upright in a roll so your head will get hit,whereas the diagonal belt gives you lateral movement which means your head will not be up .

Right, I'm not wanting a SHB anymore so consider this closed :)

Just for info, I'm now looking at getting a Roll Bar with built in Harness Bar, PMd Whiffin to see what he can do but at the mo I'm considering getting one of these from the US:

Autopower Industries Street Bar

or Race Bar

HPF have them at around $500 (Sparco Harness Bar was going to be $429), seen quite a few US Supraforums members running these, full info here:

http://www.autopowerindustries.com/rollbars.asp

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)