The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Woke up this morning to find this damage to my Supra :o(

dani_r

As you can imagine, I'm not happy at all!

A stack of pallets were left after some building work at the house, it appears some were moved and left leaning on a fence next to the car. I woke up to find 2 of the pallets resting nicely against the side of the car!

Not the worst damage of all time, but still, not good. Any ideas if the panel can be repaired and roughly how much it would cost? I know the mirror is wrecked (electric folding) and I'm trying to source one now.

Dan :(

P1010091.jpg

P1010092.jpg

P1010093.jpg

P1010094.jpg

P1010095.jpg

P1010096.jpg

Not entirely sure how it's all happened to be honest. I try to be positive and tell myself that it was the wind that did it, but part of me wonders if some sh*t did it on purpose.

It's annoying when you spend so much time and money on something and then that happens. Gutted.

If anyone knows of a spare electric mirror on the go, please let me know :)

Cheers for getting in touch mate. I might take one anyway just to get it sorted. Do you know if the non-folding mirrors will fit ok?

yes fits on normally, but the electrics wont work. (unless you hard wire it in) the power folding has 9 pins, normal has 5 pins...

Carbon wings? Who does those?

Don't listen to Dan, next thing he will be telling you this would be a good excuse to respray the whole car blue :taped:

:D

Really sorry to hear about this, put a wanted post up, hopefully someone will have one for you.

The dent on the wing I believe can be taken out, though depends how deep that crease this. Might be more cheaper and easier to just put a replacement wing. Though don't quote me on this.

Thats bad luck that is.....:( the red "gkn style pallet" and the blue gkn upside down in the front of the pic are heavy pallets and if stacked on the unsafe looking cr@ppy pallets would easily topple in the wind.... so maybe not a mindless thug...

I see the red pallet is the culprit with the mark on the mirror, get your own back and burn it:bang:

Hope the Supe gets back to normal soon:)

scotty