The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyno Demon - Rolling Road

Matt H

Ive been there before, I went with my impreza to a club RRD. It was not a dyno Dynamics then but I thought it slightly over read as mine was stock and IIRC approx 20-30 bhp over what they come from the factory with. If its a DD then they should be able to use the shootout setting that's meant to be the same across all the DD rollers im lead to believe.

But they looked after the cars and were careful when putting them on and off the rollers and when strapping them down.

I would say more careful than the lad putting cars on at SRR at the last day there.

Right, well I've just spoken to a really pleasant and helpful chap called Luke at Dyno Demon and he's said I can get a basic power run for £60 - Saturdays too.

I said I'd give him a call when the weather has thawed out a bit and get down :)

Edit to say - If anyone wants to come themselves, or simply watch then let me know.

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

It's just a case of getting it into third with the O/D off. There's nothing else is there?

Agreed, however the leader board is pathetic in terms of power and you car should be right up there, 2nd place at least

What experience do they have of a single turbo Auto Supra, I dont see any on the list and if they had ever done one it would have been on there

Agreed, however the leader board is pathetic in terms of power and you car should be right up there, 2nd place at least

What experience do they have of a single turbo Auto Supra, I dont see any on the list and if they had ever done one it would have been on there

That's a good point. I noticed the leader board as well as thought it was quite abysmal.

I'll ask them about it when I ring up to book a slot and see what they have to say.

Thanks for the heads up :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well that was pointless and a waste of money :(

After being assured that the guy knew how to dyno an auto supra, I get there to find out her didn't.

The read out is all wrong and I find he's being trying to do it in second and it's kicking down. He thought '2' was a locked gear. Didn't know about manu mode :rolleyes:

I told him it had to be done in manu mode 'd', but that was disputed.

Turns out manu mode is faulty, so all I got was a kick down run in '2'.... On one run my peak power was 150hp :D

Looks like I'll have to get manu sorted and take it to somewhere else.. Paid the guy £75 too, + half a tank of v-power :(

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

Turns out manu mode is faulty, so all I got was a kick down run in '2'.... On one run my peak power was 150hp :D
Are you sure. Remember MANU will only hold the car in 3rd once it's rolling. If the bloke put it in D, with MANU on, and just floored it I would expect the car to stay in 2nd until the normal shift up point is reached.

Are you sure. Remember MANU will only hold the car in 3rd once it's rolling. If the bloke put it in D, with MANU on, and just floored it I would expect the car to stay in 2nd until the normal shift up point is reached.

Good point. I don't think he took it through the gears as I've seen before, now you mention it as I was suprised how quick it all happened in comparision to how Its been done all the other times in the past.

I did try MANU on the road later that night and I'm sure it wasn't holding the gears however. I need to get that looked at.

Sounds to me like its working perfectly if the road speed is below the 60-70 mph mark

MANU Mode (Overdrive ON, MANU ON)

Selecting L will give you 1st gear only

Selecting 2 will give you 2nd gear only

Selecting D will give you 2nd and 3rd gears only. The box will attempt to stay in 3rd most of the time, but it is possible to kickdown into 2nd if your speed is below 70-75mph. The box will also select 2nd gear if you come to a crawl/stop, and will reselect 3rd using the normal change logic, but the gear changes will be that bit quicker (see below).

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)