The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What would be connected to E10-5 in engine ECU?

Paul -C-

According to my diagrams there shouldn't be anything connected up to E10-5 of the engine ECU, but i have a wire coming out of it, going up into the dash.

What mod would normally be connected there?

It might just be a wire going nowhere if the mod was just cut out before the car was sold, but it would be cool to know what used to be there.

Cheers

It's one of six undocumented lines that are present on both UK, US, and J-spec as far as I can tell.

It should read battery voltage at idle. What it does I don't know, I've only found out what two of them are so far.

-Ian

Originally posted by eyefi

"EGW" whatever that is

Exhaust Gas Temperature Warning.

This signal is used to light up a led in the dash to warn the cat converter has reached a temperature where it should be dead by now. Only JDM specific. The temp sensor in the exhaust is where the export version have their 2nd O2 sensor

:thumbs:

Originally posted by Wez

This signal is used to light up a led in the dash to warn the cat converter has reached a temperature where it should be dead by now. Only JDM specific. The temp sensor in the exhaust is where the export version have their 2nd O2 sensor

No, the temp sensor in the exhaust is in the first cat itself. the second O2 sensor on export cars is in the second cat.

Here is the info I got :-

==========================================

A5: US: blank, AEM: blank, Jspec: EGW (what does egw stand for?)

EGW = Exhaust Gas Temperature Warning. This signal is used to light up a led in the dash to warn the cat converter has reached a temperature where it should be dead by now. This is to warn the driver he put most likely the wrong fuel in his car. Only JDM specific. The temp sensor in the exhaust is where the export version have their 2nd O2 sensor.

>A29: US: blank, AEM: blank, Jspec: CCO (what does cco stand for?)

This is the input for this signal, here is the temp sensor wired (other side goes to ground). I would say, delete / cut and gone.

> A39: US: blank, AEM: blank, Jspec: VTO2 (what does vto2 stand for?)

This signal goes to the TRAC ecu (pin 27). Delete bye bye!

> A40: US: blank, AEM: blank, Jspec: VTO1 (waht does vto1 stand for?)

Same to the trac ECU (pin 26). Delete it.

> B51: US: blank, AEM: blank, Jspec: Fail (???)

To traction ECU. Delete it. bye bye.

>B28: US: Mass air flow meter, AEM: sensor ground, Jspec: blank (is the

>the gm map sensor ground?)

This is sensor ground.

>B66: US: Mass air flow meter, AEM: spare 0-5V, Jspec: blank (is this the gm map sesor input?)

VG signal.

> B67: US: blank, AEM: EGT 4 (+)(ADR16),

On the Jspec used to communicate with the trac ecu.

> B77: US: starter relay

It's just an input to see the car is being started.

> B47: US: OX#2, AEM: AFR#1, Jspec: blank

> B48: US: OX#1, AEM: AFR#2, Jspec: OX1

Jspec don't have 2nd O2 sensor. AEM is an option

=========================================

Originally posted by Wez

So disconnecting this will turn off the cat light (insert hopefull emoticon here)

I always figured the two were linked together, ie if any of the warning lights came on then the master would as well.

TBH I had the dash off a week or so ago and should have taken the cat bulb out then, as I think that it would probably turn the master light off at the same time (no feed from that particular buld to the master)

Just a hunch.

How's the single getting on?

Hey Tony,

Once I know which wire it power the bulb I could if I wanted too set it up on the AEM as an EGT warning light, so when the EGT reaches a set temp the light comes on.

Just an idea.

The single is good, the exhaust sounds awsome. I am still mapping at the moment..

I was thinking the same myself, I will play with this in the week, should be pretty easy as you only need to configure the conditions to be met for output LS10 which is the malfunction light.

I have also fixed my stumble when blipping the throttle as well, i have a nice idle AFR with crisp throttle response now. Was also thinking that I could rewire the overheat bulb as a EGT warning with an AEM EGT probe.