The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How do side repeaters come off?

Jake

How do you undo side repeaters to remove them from the wings? I can't see how the plastic cover comes off, or do I have to remove the inner wheel arch lining and undo the repeater from behind? (I don't want to remove the wheel arch liner if I don't have to because I know what a PitA it is)

Originally posted by Elliot

Is that how easy it is to swap them round!? Who's got some clear ones for sale!?

The ones I bought had a different connector, so I had to get someone to cut n join the wires. Dunno if it's cos its an import, or just weird indicators ;)

The voice of experience speaks....

Providing they have been put in the right way around just put your fingers at the back and pull forwards and out. This should do it. The harness they just unclips.

The ones I put in, Celica parts just went straight on.

WHATEVER YOU DO make sure the harness does not fall down inside the wing, especially if you are doing it at a meet as it's a little tricky getting it out without taking the wing off. Or so I've been told :innocent:

Originally posted by Elliot

Hehe - was it one of those "This is how you do it...oh s**t" moments? :)

The opposite really, I was being told how to do it. Finishing up with a very informative "mmmmmmm, you didn't want to let that happen, did you. This will be interesting, let me get my camera" type of phrase.

Originally posted by Castle

I've just ordered some clear '96 celica one's from Toyota (TY-300) guy at toyota said they won't fit but they are iddentical so i reckon they will.

I'll update u when i try and fit them:thumbs:

I have those on mine, they fit :)

They are the same ones used on pretty much all Toyotas of that era, they just never came on the Supra so the parts guys panic.