The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new n/a owner

Scutch0

hi there,

until midday friday i was a starlet glanza v owner...

sold her and later that afternoon i went and picked up my new toy, a 1995 040 super white (same colour as my glanza) supra n/a manual.

i think the previous owner was previously on this club as the had a window sticker with the club addy in with the service history.

heres some pics;

it has a blitz nur spec, and hks intake, plus the 18's... which i have no idea about the make (maybe someone can help me out there?)

got her with stacks of history from japan, shipping docs, and from what i can see, full service history since its importation in 2002.

my first list of priorities is to get a new passenger door mirror, as the current one has been broken off and is taped in place, sort out the rear foglight (i was considering loosing a reversing light and wiring it up in there with a red bulb... any other ideas?)

getting a proper import size front numberplate, and getting a stock airbox on it for a while until i can get a nice apexi intake, as im not a huge fan of hks filters!

comments welcome!

Rich.

thanks for the kind words, unfortunately i dont have any garage facilities, but there are a few little dings that i want sorted so i might get the bodyshop to mop the car while there at it.

another thing i noticed since buying it, that there seems to be a slight knocking noise coming from the front suspension... i would normally associate it with a worn top mount, but im not too familiar with supra's so any pointers would be good!

@ mitchell9006: many thanks, it seem like a really friendly environment you guys have here! im well impressed!

@ Aero-M: really? i assumed it'd be a bit better top end, as she really pulls hard after 5k, but i do intend to stick a stock airbox on her, as soon as it arrives!

Hi and welcome mate, nice to see another white NA manual on the forum.

Get rid of the HKS filter asap and put a standard airbox on, they sound good with the Blitz NUR spec dont they ;)

:D thanks mate! are the white n/a manuals a bit rarer? as mine was the only one i could find for sale at the time!

yeah, as i said above, i have a stock airbox on its way to me soon so i'll stick it on straight away!

it sounds lovely with the nurspec! i always prefered the look of the hks hi power tho if im honest! do they sound that different?

has anyone got any ideas about the knock from the front suspension?

:welcome:, fellow NA owner :)

@ Aero-M: really? i assumed it'd be a bit better top end, as she really pulls hard after 5k, but i do intend to stick a stock airbox on her, as soon as it arrives!

I now have the stock airbox on and whilst she doesn't sound quite the same, she sounds great still and pull even better.

It must be something to do with the cooler air that the stock box provides the engine - she pulls faster IMHO.

Welcome to the board - nice plans you have. Lovely clean stock example you have :thumbs:

Not sure about the front suspension though - hopefully someone can help you on that; the forum (mostly) is a fountain of knowledge.

Its rare to find a well looked after one (IMO) I spent 9 months looking and they were either write offs, obvious spray jobs or just looked tacky and shite. Mine isnt perfect but its the best i could get at the price at the time.

As for the knocking check the usual nuts a top of struts, could be numerous things tho and hard to track down, my knocking is the ARB bushes that are worn.

Hi, Lovely car mate and great timing selling your 4 wheel drive! I have an n/a auto with same back box as yours- lovely sound! Mine has standard filter, they all pull much stronger up top, despite being a 3 litre it is 24 valve so all the real power is up high. Enjoy Supra ownership!

Duggie

• 4 weeks later...

got some updated pics i took the other day:

things that have changed...

well the proper import plate is now on, and the rear foglight is gone (ive rewired it into one of the reversing lights) my pioneer stereo is in (finally!), new speakers all round as the original toyota ones were shagged, new greddy grex gearknob, stock airbox now fitted, and ive been fiddling with the illumination to get rid of the horrid green... more on that when its finished!

finally got round to giving it a quick polish too, but it was obviously too cold for that as it froze to the paintwork!! so this is just washed at the mo, and as you can see the paintwork is in pretty nice condition!

Rich.