The mkiv Supra Owners Club

were to buy from

Guest stevie

I dont think hes looking to buy a car, hes advertising where he bought his from

im not advertising were i bought mine from, was only saying, and yes i am looking to buy a supra but not till nearer summer as im gathering info on what supra to buy and WERE TO BUY FROM :cool:

ok guys weres the best place to buy a supra from? i have bought my current car from japperformanceuk in bradford.

I went there as I was having trouble finding a car, they had a nice looking J-spec car come in. Spoke well initially on the phone, when I drove up there, they refused a test drive unless I paid a deposit to buy (despite offering this on the phone - how can you put down a desposit without negotiating a deal first etc), harsh attitude and the car was crap, scuffs all over the place, over priced considering all the work that needed doing + UK conversions, dangerously low engine & auto box oil levels etc.

In the end I kept looking on here and eventually after 1 year got a members car.

Edited by DSK (see edit history)

IMO the best value for money cars will be non members but long term ownership cars.............theses sales are few and far between and the traders often get hold of them very quickly if they are cheap, but there will be opportunities if you are on the ball.

After that I'd look at members cars here and if you want a fresh import/specific spec then I'd look to Jurgen :)

Members car any day of the week! I brought mine from a non member and got it for a very good price too, but only because it need general maintaince work to it. Because I like to get things done properly I spent close to £2k soon after I got it on service, brakes etc. Car is running beautifully but I might have been lucky I had an honest seller.

Next car I will buy is a forum members, they might work out slightly more expensive (not always the case) but at least you know it has been cherished more. Considering they have been with the club for a while & not 2 days :).

Cheap, buy at an auction, that's where the trade buy.

Expensive, but probably with a warranty and possibility of a part exchange, one of the dealers here.

Mid way, buy privately out of one of the car mags.

Depends how knowledgeable you are, if you have a wad of the folding stuff, what you expaect, blah blah. You need to give more info on your purchasing situation.

Alot will depend on your budget and what your looking for mate. Do you want stock looking or with a kit on? Do you want bpu or standard untouched engine? I would say the forum first, If you go through members threads you can normally see what the car has been through, Goodluck in your search anyway mate :)

another thing i was considering was buying a non turbo and fitting a single turbo kit? how much would it roughly cost to buy a single turbo kit and what would be involved in doin this? would this work out more costly than buying a twin turbo?

im new to the turbo seen so im tryin to get my head around it all so i know which road to go down

Typically single turbos are fitted to the TT models, but it has been done with NAs.

The price to "go single" is usually quoted at £10k to do it properly.

Therefore, buying a TT in the first place will probably be cheaper.

As you're new to the turbo scene, I would recommend having a good read and search around the forum, as most things have been discussed. :)