The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another pothole victim. :(

marcAB10

Well, picked the car up from my folks place on tuesday after getting my new front falken 452's fitted the same time i got my MOT. Takes about 30 minutes to get home and the roads were really bad, so i was taking my time. I remember hitting a really bad pothole, unfortunately i can't remember where exactly but it was a fair dunt when it happened, enough for me to actually remember it, but i just kept driving as i wanted to get home and off the snowy roads...

Havn't driven the car since and i went out today to have a look round the car and thats when i noticed the slash out of the tyre sidewall and small chip out of the alloy.. so it took about 20 minutes to completely wreck a brand new tyre, bloody potholes!!! What a waste of a tyre!

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=103581&d=1263060971

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=103582&d=1263060991

tyredamage2.JPG

tyredamage1.JPG

Edited by marcAB10 (see edit history)

Not good mate, iv just had falkens fitted myself. Keep the car garaged until this crappy weather goes away. start her up ED to make sure she's ticking over with no problems. :D

Least you can buy a new tyre, you could of wrecked the car.

That's not a victim. THIS, is a victim! Taken from the ITR forum...

Had a lady pop into work a few weeks back, saying she had just hit a pot hole and her tyre had gone flat. Someone had helped her put her spare wheel on and she came to us for a new tyre.

What the lady didn't know was the extent of the damage she had done to her wheel.....

If you look closely you can see the real damage, alternatively, just check out the next picture.

Oh dear.

Off she went, still on her space saver, to order a new wheel from Mercedes and put a claim into the council.

The other day at work during a blizzard we were relatively quiet to i got to work on the broken wheel

First i pulled the two bits apart...

Then started chipping away the alloy down to the bead with a copper hammer

Then hung it on the wall, as you do...

Nice looking wheel eh?

Well, picked the car up from my folks place on tuesday after getting my new front falken 452's fitted the same time i got my MOT. Takes about 30 minutes to get home and the roads were really bad, so i was taking my time. I remember hitting a really bad pothole, unfortunately i can't remember where exactly but it was a fair dunt when it happened, enough for me to actually remember it, but i just kept driving as i wanted to get home and off the snowy roads...

Havn't driven the car since and i went out today to have a look round the car and thats when i noticed the slash out of the tyre sidewall and small chip out of the alloy.. so it took about 20 minutes to completely wreck a brand new tyre, bloody potholes!!! What a waste of a tyre!

Make a claim and get the council to pay for it.

I suspect you saying that you don't know where the pot hole was or being able to provide any evidence of the pot hole might make claiming harder. Its like me bringing a PI claim and suggesting that we know the client slipped some where but we don't know where. Retrace your steps and take photos.