The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mods Done!

Guest MoeBlunt

Guest MoeBlunt

After loads of suggestions made by many of you helpful members I decided to go back to the drawing board!

The following list is what I am planning to do to her ASAP:

1- Boost Controller - Done (Greddy Profec B Spec II)

2- Turbo Timer - Done (HKS)

3- Full De-cat and exhaust system - Done (Blitz NUR Spec)

4- Xenon's - Done

5- Hideous spoiler --> Stock - DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

6- Wheels --> Stock - DONE

7- Sparks - Done (NGK Iridium 7's)

8- FCD - Done

9- Fix My Bloody Fuel Flap Release! - DONE!!

10- ICE Headunit - Done (Replaced the shite unit that was in there with a JVC AVX-44 and installed a tray instead of having a gaping hole there! - Looks MUCH better, thanks to whoever suggested that to be done!)

11- Speakers - Pending

12- Remove those silly LEDs - Pending (I don't use them anyway! lool don't kill me!)

13- Boost Gauge - Done

14- Fix Drivers Door Rusty Catch - Done (Changed it all together!!)

15- Uprated Fuel Pump - Done (Walbro)

16- Full Geometry Setup - Done

And now here are my long term plans:

1- Turbo Upgrade

2- Body Kit

3- ECU Remap or New ECU

4- Auto Gear Box Upgrade to Handle More Horses!

Pictures will follow asap and your thoughts, opinions and comments would be much appreciated... :)

Edited by MoeBlunt (see edit history)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MoeBlunt

Most of the mods listed above have been supplied and fitted by Garage Whifbitz, paul has bent over backwards to accommodate my needs and in my opinion, they have done a magnificent job!! So a special Thank You goes out to Paul and Daren for helping me with my project!! :)

Guest MoeBlunt
Well done

What remap do you plan on the ECU, if its a stock system you have its not possible :)

So you can't just map the stock ecu?!

Guest MoeBlunt
1- What do you mean by this, hybrids or single conversion?

2- Body kit is a totally personal thing, I'd say stay stock, but if everyone did that it would be boring

3- Usually goes hand in hand with 1

4- Better off putting a 6 spd in :)

1- haven't decided yet tbh, I don't know which one would be more suitable...?

2- maybe not then...lol

3- Never done it before so I haven't got a clue! lol

4- I'd preferably stick with the tiptronic, cant be asked for an extra pedal! lol

Guest MoeBlunt
what body kit do you have in mind?

what are your plans with the turbo?

These are just mods i want to do in the not so far future so I haven't got any real ideas on what I should/want to go for...

Although I saw a TRD kit on a supra the other day and that looked the shit!!

If you're sticking with the auto then you don't really want a large turbo. Turbos seem to go through "fads" one month one is best, next month there is something new. You probably wouldn't go wrong with something like a GT35R or similar size (Precision have their billet 6265 range out & I'm sure with all this talk of Bullseye & Borg Warner they will have a similar in their ranges).

Guest MoeBlunt
If you're sticking with the auto then you don't really want a large turbo. Turbos seem to go through "fads" one month one is best, next month there is something new. You probably wouldn't go wrong with something like a GT35R or similar size (Precision have their billet 6265 range out & I'm sure with all this talk of Bullseye & Borg Warner they will have a similar in their ranges).

how about hybrid twins mate?

Guest MoeBlunt

oh yerrrrr...I forgot I got the cars Geo-Setup done just before the current spell of snow started and that worked wonders for the grip on the rears!! Thanks to whoever suggested that done too and also a special thanks to Tony at WIM who done the setup...PERFECTLY!!

Well done on removing that spoiler Moe! ;)

With regards to turbo's and transmission, how much power are you wanting? A good BPU setup running at 1.1 bar should give you close to 400BHP. From what members have said the auto box is okay for up to 500BHP, though if you are looking to be close to that or go over then you would be looking at a 6 Speed conversion and oh yeah, the extra pedal!

Like Jay mentioned have a good search & read up on the topic, with a lot of information to digest when thinking about changing turbo's. You have to make sure that you have all the supporting mod's as well.

Guest MoeBlunt
Well done on removing that spoiler Moe! ;)

With regards to turbo's and transmission, how much power are you wanting? A good BPU setup running at 1.1 bar should give you close to 400BHP. From what members have said the auto box is okay for up to 500BHP, though if you are looking to be close to that or go over then you would be looking at a 6 Speed conversion and oh yeah, the extra pedal!

Like Jay mentioned have a good search & read up on the topic, with a lot of information to digest when thinking about changing turbo's. You have to make sure that you have all the supporting mod's as well.

It's not off yet abz! lol I'm waiting for the member to send me his so I can spray it black and stick it on!

I'm currently running stock boost on low boost and 1.2 bar on high boost...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MoeBlunt

STOCK SPOILER IS NOW ON!!!!!!!! :woot:

Also petrol flap has been fixed and I am putting on the stock wheels (just waiting for someone to donate wheel nuts to me!! lol)