The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Washer jet upgrade

spartan

Just purchased some new Lexus mist/spray washer jets as per the excellent details provided by michael here.

FYI, I ordered them online via the Lexus Parts Direct website; the price for a pair (pre-painted) was 26 GBP inc P&P.

A bit pricey maybe but I'm looking forward to something a bit more effective than the 3.5 random squirts I get now (despite wasting a couple of pints of washer fluid and half-a-dozen pins from the wife's sewing box, trying to get the bloomin' things aligned).

Edited by spartan
Spelling! (see edit history)

I don't think they are adjustable. The car has not moved for two years..LOL

Who Michael's? He has such a beautiful car & it's just sat there. What's wrong with him!

Damn, would be a shame if they wasn't adjustable, though I guess it still works fine? Just a little dry at the top. Maybe the key is to spray the mist & then go really really fast. :D

Not a problem sir!! It will be sunday though :)
I then suggest you take her for a Sunday blast! Least you can do if she sitting their for 2 years.

Ignore the snow, its over over hyped anyway! :)

On a more serious note, no rush Dave. I am sure another member who has this can confirm.

I then suggest you take her for a Sunday blast! Least you can do if she sitting their for 2 years.

Ignore the snow, its over over hyped anyway! :)

On a more serious note, no rush Dave. I am sure another member who has this can confirm.

I'd love to but its in bits....Ahh sod it I'll go for a blast on sunday down the road with no skirts or bumpers, MOT or Tax:blink:

Fitted my Lexus upgrade washer jets today, as per Michael's instructions although I had problems sliding a piece of plastic underneath at first so I used ... dental floss (tape)! - this helped to lift it a bit.

The pre-painted silver colour is not quite same as mine (1C0 rather than 1B9) but you really can't tell.

In use, they work just fine although (as stated elsewhere) they squirt a bit low. I don't think this is a problem with the jets themselves but more likely to do with the pump - I bet Lexus pumps have a bit more pressure and this would also help 'atomise' the washer fluid. Any ideas how I can up the voltage on my washer pump? :cool:

Fitted my Lexus upgrade washer jets today, as per Michael's instructions although I had problems sliding a piece of plastic underneath at first so I used ... dental floss (tape)! - this helped to lift it a bit.

The pre-painted silver colour is not quite same as mine (1C0 rather than 1B9) but you really can't tell.

In use, they work just fine although (as stated elsewhere) they squirt a bit low. I don't think this is a problem with the jets themselves but more likely to do with the pump - I bet Lexus pumps have a bit more pressure and this would also help 'atomise' the washer fluid. Any ideas how I can up the voltage on my washer pump? :cool:

Thanks for the post, comments and reminder mate! Keep forgetting this!!