The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Workshop Manual

merckx

Hi

Does anyone know where to get a workshop manual for a TT Uk spec car.

Are the manuals in CD form on EBay any good?

I haven't bought it yet but I am interested in a red 96 TT uk car with 80k on the clock.

What sort of condition should I expect, is the mileage too high?

It has red/cream leather, I haven't seen any like this yet.

I will do a HPI check and also confirm the service history.

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hello m8.

i've got a '95 uk-spec with 69000 on it. If its had regular oil services you cant go wrong, just look to see if 8 english winters have taken their toll underneath:p

If u're spendin' serious dough, why not get it AA checked? They'll give it a thorough once over, for the right price mind.

There's loads of Supras about, so its worth waiting to find one in exellent nick, no need to plump for a shabby fOkker.;)

As for a workshop manual, i need one meself, so if any one on here knows where to get one.........get 2! :D

Originally posted by merckx

Does anyone know where to get a workshop manual for a TT Uk spec car.

Toyota used to sell them but they seem to be in very short supply - a few people on here have them and have offered to make "backups" but as yet I haven't seen anyone get past the ideas stage.

Are the manuals in CD form on EBay any good?

Not really - I got one from the US a long time ago and spent some time adding to it, making the information easier to read etc - it's still pretty pants - I used to sell them on eBay myself but felt guilty and stopped, they were worth the money I was shifting them for thanks to all the extras but the manual parts weren't very complete.

A lot of the ones on there now are copies of my CD (lots of hidden easter eggs in them that I planted).

I haven't bought it yet but I am interested in a red 96 TT uk car with 80k on the clock.

Nice :)

What sort of condition should I expect, is the mileage too high?

I bought my own car around that mileage last June - it was in pretty good nick but I've seen a lot that aren't - you never really know until you get there but check the intercooler and diff cooler - chances are they have crumbled to nothing by now :(

It has red/cream leather, I haven't seen any like this yet.

My black one has the ivory leather - it's very nice :) I'm thinking of a change to a black interior now though.

Good luck!

Originally posted by luke1983

These people might be able to help you out, i got a toyota supra user mannual from them and you can keep track of your service history in the back as well.

http://www.importhandbooks.co.uk

But it's more of a "this is an indicator stalk, it makes an orange light flash" kind of book rather than a "the valve clearances are...." kind of thing if my old MR2 one is anything to go by?