The mkiv Supra Owners Club

question regarding performance parts for an NA

drift_bear

i no that the best way to get a decent power level out of an N/A is to get the TT conversion, but recently, been speaking to a guy thats local to me and works in the tesco, hes got a J-spec facelift n/a and he claims its about the 250+bhp mark.

he claims it has cams and throttle bodies. can you get these for an n/a and does it make that much difference if you can?

dont mean to sound like a noob! just seemed like this would be the best place to ask.

Pics or he's bull sh*tting :D

It's possible to get to those sort of power levels but needs a LOT of work and money spent. Cams and throttle bodies is not enough, it'd need a lot more, hence the BS comment. It's just so much more cost effective to fit a TT engine, which is why almost no one bothers modifying the NA. We've discussed it time and again on here.

Ask him what ignition system he is using. As he could easily fit an inlet cam but the distributor runs off a gear on the exhaust cam, I have looked into finding cams and it aint cheap if you can find some one to produce it.

Hence the reason I'm after a TT6

With the right cams, proper throttle bodies (expensive, but will make the biggest difference)and a bit of porting and a custom ECU + injectors,and a decent ignition system i think 240 BHP may be just doable, but i would expect to up the rev limit and also up the compression to get 250BHP and don't expect change from 10K;)