The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Water Testing

Tee from China

OK, judging by the pms I still get there seems to still be a demand for some bling dash augmentation and just by chance yesterday whilst on eBay I stumbled on a guy in London who is making very good stuff for Audi's and VW's and his blog said he was open to new projects so I contacted him to see if he would be interested in making similar for the Supra and he is very keen to do so.

Now as I am resident back in China I am only going to be the initial go between and someone else in the UK will have to organise any GB etc or he will simply put them on eBay.

Some of the stuff I did in the GB back in 2008 are being produced by other companies such as vent trims and mirrors switch surrounds - all that is except the heater knobs and the dimmer knob for example.

I have sent him pictures of what I had in mind and he can do curved/shaped items and not just flat so anywhere else you may want to cover such as window switches panels, clock rings or vents on the passenger side, seat knobs etc.

He appears to be able to make anything which he says are -

'MADE FROM HIGH GRADE 2014 ALUMINIUM. THIS GRADE IS MAINLY USED TO MAKE AEROSPACE PARTS SUCH AS FITTINGS & WHEELS. IT IS ALSO USED ON MILITARY VEHICLES & OTHER TYPES OF HYDRAULIC MACHINERY BECAUSE OF ITS FANTASTIC MECHANICAL & FATIGUE STRENGTHS'

So what do you want to see made? He is open to any new idea that you have and would need either the item to cover/replace or some accurate dimensions.

Obviously at this stage I have no idea of costs but the items he already does seems very reasonably priced

I am contacting Scot at EBDesigns to see if he still has any patterns etc.

Here are two links from his eBay ad (hope they both work as only one does for me)to check out the quality:-

http://snprecisionstyling.blogspot.com/ http://www.snp-styling.yolasite.com

Haven't we got a hobbyist doing this type of thing already?

Sadly CJ no. There is no one making the heater knobs or the dimmer switch which is why I thought they should be - unless one of the hobbyist is prepared to produce some( this is where a list of hobbyists and their products would be so helpful)

Why would so-called 'HIGH GRADE 2014 ALUMINIUM' be any better than a lower spec grade bearing in mind that it's only being used for bezels, knobs, surrounds etc. Just a feable excuse to hike up the price.

By the prices I have seen for his products he charges the same or less for what he makes than his competitors so no not an excuse to bump the prices up :innocent: maybe they are less likely to warp with time I don't really know:innocent:

vodka redbull and stella mainly! ;)

air vents/dial surrounds/gear gaitor surround/window switches and surrounds/all things like that in the main!

Vodka,Redbull and Stella? - together?? :eyebrows: OK,Dial rings,Gearshift and Vent rings etc are all readily available and I was looking at things others are not doing to save set up costs and patterns etc plus not to 'stepping on others toes' who are already making such stuff really :innocent: more on just the sort of things people want but cant actually buy as no one is making them :eyebrows: