The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Black car - black or silver wheels best?

jackso11

I have always had 5 spoke wheels right back to my first ever fiesta. It is now about time I put my own wheels on my latest sup and sold on the ones it came with, but for a change I am swaying towards mesh type wheels.

I was going to go with Jade-r's in black, but then started looking at mesh wheels.

I have tyres so am not bothered about a package, but have found Cruize 190's which seem very cheap for a nice looking wheel.

I am having trouble deciding if I want silver or black mash, with a polish lip. Black look good, but I am going for 18" and think they look quite small with a black middle in 18". 19" they look better but I had 19" on my last sup and after driving on 18" wheels I will never go back, it is so much quieter and more comfortable with 18"s!

Anyones opinions and pictures to help me decide would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Knightracer had a set of WED SA70's, not sure if they are sold, they were more than £600 though (did have new tyres)

I like the black on black but I am bias as I have owned 2 cars with WED SA 70's

I like the Blitz Technospeeds as well, great wheel

JamieP's are a nice wheel as well. So much choice but the Wheelmania wheels do seem to have a short shelf life IMO of course

I know they're not 'mesh' but I don't regret going black with polished lip. I reckon the Ultralite or Rota range of wheels are probably the 'cheapest' decent ones to go for...

I've never been a fan of black on black, but that chrome lip seperating it out looks great Stevo :thumbs: loving those pics ;)

I know they're not 'mesh' but I don't regret going black with polished lip. I reckon the Ultralite or Rota range of wheels are probably the 'cheapest' decent ones to go for...

These look great in my opinion, would love some for my car.

What make are these

i agree with black centers with a polished lip, of course i'm bias too. i'm not sure what you mean by 'mesh' but i think mine are what you mean, also i'd try and get a good dish on the rear if your going with polished lip-

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=103468&d=1262882461

Picture 047.jpg

i agree with black centers with a polished lip, of course i'm bias too. i'm not sure what you mean by 'mesh' but i think mine are what you mean, also i'd try and get a good dish on the rear if your going with polished lip-

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=103468&d=1262882461

Yeah that is what I mean by mesh. What kind are yours? they look nice but I tend to think black middles make the wheels look smaller, I guess its because you focus on the black bit which is smaller.