The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hey from australia

Guest blownminiturbo

Guest blownminiturbo

hey everyone, im aaron from australia, joined up here i occasionally browse the forum to see new ideas and so forth.

i dont actually own a supra but the closest thing... a jzz30 soarer.

my brother owns a soarer too and my sister owns a non turbo mk4 supra.basically bought the soarer off an old lady stock standard 1jz auto. now after a few yrs its getting close to what i want as i have a few other toys aswell that soak up all my money haha. have had it very close to complete driveline wise but now have an engine knock that im going to get rid of before something bad happens... so to do this... next week my 2jz gt35r with 264 cams will be arriving :p

can also be seen on the vertex australia website at http://www.vertex-aus.com in the gallery section

hope you like it

few specs and pics of the car:

PWR Predator intercooler/alloy radiator setup

twin 12" thermo fans

turbosmart e-boost 2

safc2

greddy emanage ultimate + harness

greddy 3 bar map sensor

autometer a/f ratio gauge

drift iridium water temp and oil pressure gauges

k&n pod+breather on a custom 4" intake and custom alloy pod cover

gt3076r single turbo conversion with beanie

braided turbo oil and coolant lines with speedflow fittings

custom steampipe heat wrapped manifold

38mm turbosmart ultragate race series

full 3.5in turbo back exhaust into hi flow cat then to twin 2.75in into twin cannons

stealth fx bov with the bigger whistle vent

carbing air diversion plate

550hp walbro fuel pump(us made one)

650cc sard injectors

huge davies craig p/s cooler

264/256 deg HKS cams

JUN adjustable cam gears (painted)

gates racing blue timing belt

g-reddy clear cam cover

polished manifold

polished cam covers

polished throttle body

NGK iridium plugs gapped to .75mm

5 racing oil catch can

malpassi fuel regulator

blue silicon vacuum hoses

painted engine bay covers

custom made top radiator hose

front strut brace

full jic adjustable coilovers (track spec)

converted to r154 manual with soarer shifter.

jim berry clutch diaphram with exedy brass button plate

jvc dvd player/screen

alpine type r component 6.5inch fronts and rears

big alpine v12 monoblock amps 15" mtx rfl(soon )

alpine type r subs

schneider 7inch tv

full bare metal respray except engine bay.

genuine t&e vertex kit with t&e clear indicators

custom made eyelids (from soarer central group buy)

+97 fog lights

+97 front grille

super white LED's throughout car

bosch 6000k HID kit

20" lenso ls5 shadowchrome with chrome lip

245/35/20 kuhmo tyres

dba cross drilled and slotted rotors front and rear

bendix ultimate brake pads

dynoed at 231.1rwkw @ 12psi untuned!

new motor made 520hp at 20psi so cant wait for this to come!!

and the new heart transplant..

Guest blownminiturbo

hey people thankyou ive put god knows how many hours into it so far the only thing i havent done myself was the paintjob.

im located close to canberra and wakefield park raceway is 10 minutes away :)

yeah weather here is bloody hot at the moment and next week we may be in the 40's again. too hot to do anything lol

Guest blownminiturbo

haha its funny that im actually a holden mechanic! :) they arent too bad but there is better haha i had a 500rwhp n/a stroked vk commodore with massive diff and built manualised auto and roll cage, and it was a f'n beast.. but had a 120l drop tank and would only get 90-100kms out of it and fuel was getting pretty dear so had to let it go to help fund the mini rebuild which i am supercharging with a sc12 toyota supercharger.

would be nice to play for country. my old football mate is now reading's goalkeeper and australian reserve keeper.

Guest blownminiturbo

and yeah ive done everything on that red supra. its basically interior retrim, bodykit, exhaust and a set of 18's in pic and a set of 20inch chrome kaotiks when she decides to buy some new tyres again lol

the green one is my brothers and we are bout to put coilovers in it and he is saving up to turbo his 1uz and to get a genuine vertex kit like mine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest blownminiturbo

started cleaning up the oil that has leaked all over it.

pulled the intake off to repolish it. ill be getting the lower manifold and fuel rail dipped to get them cleaned or sand blasted.

also will be getting the supra lsd next week!!!! wooooo

and a new pic of car. hasnt been washed in over a month lol good old rain we had the other day

thought for a minute how i could wire tuck the motor.. i think i almost had a mental breakdown hahaha

i think the blue looks really nice on the cover against the alloy. cant wait to get it all finished polished

Guest blownminiturbo

here is a pic of the catch can with a quick polish. has a few scratches i dont know if ill try get out as will be up the back near firewall out of the way anyway.

Guest blownminiturbo

going to get -8 weld ins for the catch can in the rocker covers instead of pcv with all braided line.

once i get that sorted ill finish polishing the cam covers

Hello Aaron welcome to the forum, you have one great motor and the upgrades you done on the car are amazing. Your soarer looks pretty good! I am an Soarer owner too. Have an SC400 and I love the machine! Got the rush headers, custom exhaust, big brake upgrade etc etc done to the car. Looking for supercharging mine with a Whipple Twin Screw 240 by the end of this year. My target is to get around 290-300 rwkw but I think it is too optimistic, unless I opt for changing the internals of the engine.

Guest blownminiturbo

thanks people.

300rwkw are easy as with an sc400. in my opinion turbocharge it you will get more power per dollar spent. you wont get the initial torque but you will get alot more up high. if you have a look on soarercentral.com there is a guy there called cihan aday. he is developing a bolt on turbo kit for the 1uz and has seen 300rwkw on around 10psi.

but as you already have the extractors you would have to sell them to put the turbo kit on.

but supercharger whipple noise is awesome i love it haha