The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thanks to AFR- Matt and Dude for fitting my F-CON

rush

Great news Rush, very pleased to hear that things are finally falling into place with the car :)

After the TF debacle and the history of EMU issues so many would have thrown the towel in, good to see you stuck with it in the end! Hope to see you and the good lady this Spring ;)

Hurrah ... this is good to hear because AFR are dropping the F-CON V Pro into my car right now too :D.

I had a new E-Manage Ultimate sitting around that I got from Japan about 2 years ago, but after reading around a little (and with some advice from the guys) I sold that and got the F-Con instead, which suited my needs better. Good to hear that it's made such a difference to your car, I can't wait.

It's a shame that authorised HKS mappers are so few and far between, or I am sure this would be a more widely used unit. But it's good news for us lot who aren't far away from AFR :p

Cheers, J

Really pleased you're happy Rush, sounds like it's been a long road for you !

Nice to hear it all coming together :thumbs:

I guess its running in piggyback like the EMU was unless it can control the auto box as a stand alone unit.

Absolutely mate, the f-con completely controls fuel and ignition but leaves the stock ecu to manage the auto box, so you get an oem drive with the gearbox but a complete remap with custom fuel and ignition :)

Its interesting as my AEM when first mapped controlled the auto box very very well indeed, this was on a HKS T04R single

Mapped by Dan Turner

I have never seen an auto box live with an AEM, the line pressure to the box is all wrong and cannot be set to where the box can live, I was speaking to one american tuner and he said the same, my box appeared to change gear very well on the AEM but lasted 2 days on the road!!!

I have never seen an auto box live with an AEM, the line pressure to the box is all wrong and cannot be set to where the box can live, I was speaking to one american tuner and he said the same, my box appeared to change gear very well on the AEM but lasted 2 days on the road!!!

Cant honestly say it worked fine, JamieP came out for a blast in it one day at TF, it worked really well, I was concerned as I had heard all this Auto AEM issues, I was very happy with that part, not so much the rest :D

Cant honestly say it worked fine, JamieP came out for a blast in it one day at TF, it worked really well, I was concerned as I had heard all this Auto AEM issues, I was very happy with that part, not so much the rest :D

How long did the box last and what power were you putting thru it???

No the F-Con FAIK does not pull the timing which is great the last thing you want on a powerfull auto is it hanging about changing gear, the harder and faster that thing swps ratios the better, anyone who has removed the trac ecu will have experienced this. Will the box last as long??????? NO but with a 500 hp single in front of it thats not the point, IMO it will last as long if not longer as it is now, and the change is nice and hard, the line pressure however is just as Mr T wanted it and it this that will kill gearboxes if it is not correct.