The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whoops! Supra, snow & a pot hole do not mix!!!

Slurpy Supra

Was out earlier and it started snowing heavy, now there are serious pot holes round here from the last snow & ice we had before.

Anyways i hit this ****ing huge deep pot hole and well as you can see from the pics, slight tyre damage from hitting inside wheel arch and it slicing into tyre wall!!

IMG_0586.JPG

IMG_0587.JPG

IMG_0590.JPG

Ouch!!

This happened to a mate of mine and he reported it to the council and took a picture of the pot hole and the damaged he done (he buckled his wheel it was so big) and then sent them a bill for the damage which eventually they paid due to them being liable for the upkeep of the roads!!

Maybe worth investing in some winter wheels. If you wreck them it doesnt really matter.

Im leaving it in the drive for awhile lol! Till this crappy snow has gone me thinks!

Wheel is ok, tyre guys checked it all out for me, def putting in a bill to council though, roads are not being sorted quick enough, esp that crater i hit! I have taken pics of it!

Im leaving it in the drive for awhile lol! Till this crappy snow has gone me thinks!

Wheel is ok, tyre guys checked it all out for me, def putting in a bill to council though, roads are not being sorted quick enough, esp that crater i hit! I have taken pics of it!

Just so you know, they might have a stronger argument for turning your claim down since they would argue that they were allocating their resources to the issue of the snow as opposed to following their usual maintenance pattern and filling in the holes in the road.

Just so you know, they might have a stronger argument for turning your claim down since they would argue that they were allocating their resources to the issue of the snow as opposed to following their usual maintenance pattern and filling in the holes in the road.

True but i'll try, you never know!

The council won't want to know, will they? Is it fair to say that the car must be badly modified if the tyre has been damaged by contacting the wheel arch?

I don't think a stock suspension and tyre setup couldn't have the tyre contacting the wheel arch.

Is it fair to say that the car must be badly modified if the tyre has been damaged by contacting the wheel arch?

The wheels are completely wrong size and offset, plus the tyre's are hugely oversized for the rim width. Chris knows this all too well though ;) :D I *may* have mentioned it a few times at a recent meet :innocent: