The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Greddy e-manage

AeroMatt

I've bought myself one of these to install on my NA. I know that officially they're not supported on the NA but I've read of a few people installing them succesfully on the 2JZ-GE. Both on the Supe and the IS300, shame none of them gave an details of the installations!

I've found a diagram of the NA ECU here. It looks very similar to the TT one, in fact all the connections I need to make to the e-manage are identical. Except one!

Looking at the wiring diagram for the 2JZ-GTE here, it shows that the airflow output is pin 66. On the TT this is the MAF sensor, whereas on the NA there's nothing listed against pin 66. I know that the Jap spec NA uses a MAP sensor rather than a MAF sensor and have adjusted the jumpers on the e-manage to allow for this, but I still need to know which wire is the MAP sensor.

Reading this back, it seems I could have just asked which wire is the MAP sensor on the NA ECU, oh well you got the reason why i want to know too!

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Matt

(Almost time to pay my tenner methinks!)

Well, if it's the same as the TT, this will help you. It's actually from Pete Betts fuel cut controller instructions:-

Non-VVTI

http://www.thor-racing.co.uk/TRL/vfcc_non-vvti.jpg

VVTI

http://www.thor-racing.co.uk/TRL/vfcc_vvti.jpg

I expect it's the same for the NA (don't know for sure though).

Thanks Simon,

My cars a '94 so non-VVTi, according to the ECU pin diagram pin 62 is listed on the NA as [PIM] - Vacuum sensor. That sounds like it could be something to do with the MAP sensor as its pressure related.

I'll double check with a voltmeter to see what its giving out before connecting anything up, should be somewhere between 0-5v IIRC.

Oh and just to be doubly sure, can anyone confirm the NA definitely uses a MAP sensor for checking the airflow. :stupid:

Thanks,

Matt

Cheers Ian, that makes sense. I'm confident I've got the correct wires now.

I read about a bloke on club lexus whose tuner got a couple of the wires mixed up and managed to grenade two engines. Didn't want to go down that route!