The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Factory oil cooler / crank seal questions

jihwaan

I figured I would just post both questions in the same thread.

I have a 99 vvti 6sp manual RZ w/80k kms on it and I have a new FMIC I am going to fit - but looking inside the front bumper cavity I see this is going to pose a small problem:

Is it the stock oil cooler? it cant be anything to do with the condensor surely as the connections are simply hose clips...

If it is the stock oil cooler can I just buy a aftermarket oil cooler and filter relocation kit- and if so how do remove the stock sandwich plate thing that is just before the oil filter or do I leave it in place and simply plug it off?

attachment.php?attachmentid=103403&stc=1&d=1262688049

Ok second question is a no brainer- this is the front crank seal I presume it is leaking like a sieve- I am going to do the 100k service so I figure a new oil pump and crank seals with the 100k service should solve this? advice anyone?

attachment.php?attachmentid=103404&stc=1&d=1262688049

Hope its ok to dump both questions in the same thread and thanks for any and all advice in advance..!

xxx.jpg

zzzz.jpg

Ok Thanks guys- but your answers mean I have more questions-

I am going to get a oil cooler and relocation kit- what do I do with the standard oil cooler lines from the bracket thing in front of the oil filter when I fit the sandwich plate- how can I dispose of them? I vaguely remember something about using an NA oil filter fitting instead of a TT one? is this correct?

Once again this forum kicks a** and thanks everyone for your help!

Edited by jihwaan (see edit history)

They are not oil lines but water lines, and you can just connect them together or blank them off should you wish, but it is not 100% necessary to remove the std cooler when fitting an external oil cooler, some do some don't, mine is still in place.

Sorry cant help with the N/A part but I'm sure somebody can.