The mkiv Supra Owners Club

headlight bulb

foggy147

This one is a total ball ache... my garage did it for me in the end..

I still don't know what bulb the car needs and I've owned it for five years now!?

It's something to do with the lugs on the end of the fitment.. you buy one type and then snip one of the lugs off.. and then the dam thing still doesn't fit!

I almost bought a full HID kit it was pi$$ing me off so much.. :p

This one is a total ball ache... my garage did it for me in the end..

I still don't know what bulb the car needs and I've owned it for five years now!?

It's something to do with the lugs on the end of the fitment.. you buy one type and then snip one of the lugs off.. and then the dam thing still doesn't fit!

I almost bought a full HID kit it was pi$$ing me off so much.. :p

Might be a good idea to remove the dud and take along for comparison then. Seems others have had this oissue, something to do with the "J" fitment :search:

• 4 weeks later...

Yes they'll fit.

You'll need to remove the small rib on the inside of the low beam plug so they'll fit, you'll see what I mean when you try to plug them into the wiring harness, very easy to do.

ok here is a pic of the attachment in the car and the actual bulb, can someone point out where i need to be snipping so i dont make a pigs ear out of it please?

sorry about the picture quality they where took with phone

The bulb isnt even fitting into the connector at the moment

Photo0547.jpg

Photo0548.jpg

Photo0549.jpg

Edited by foggy147 (see edit history)

stil at a loss lol.cut the ridges of and it stil wnt go in.it seems the bit that fits in wont go al the way in becos its to thick the ridge.to dark to mess around its stressing me out lol.dunno why they cant just do bulbs that fit.am havin to use fogs at the mo both headlights are out

Guest MoeBlunt
stil at a loss lol.cut the ridges of and it stil wnt go in.it seems the bit that fits in wont go al the way in becos its to thick the ridge.to dark to mess around its stressing me out lol.dunno why they cant just do bulbs that fit.am havin to use fogs at the mo both headlights are out

Buy the bulbs im selling...they fit and work! :D