The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre change monkey, hates supras

The Raven

Went to get two new fronts, mostly due to them being bald as hell.

I head to the normal place and pull up. The old boy that does it says hello then tells a new lad to do it.

The fun begins.

First off he looks at the car and comes up with.

"not many of these things left now they are well old"

I try to point out jspecs are still being brought in all the time, but uk cars are rare. He seems to have no idea what the hell im talking about.

"f*ucking toyota. The make a great engine then dump aload of s*it auto boxes in them"

I respond by asking if he has ever driven one in MANU mode

Clearly he has no idea what im talking about and moves on to the fact its an N/A after he asked me.

"Id never buy one of them whats the point you should get a real one"

Again i try and tell him that TT aeros are rare and thus i need to get the engine changed out.

Still not happy with his put downs, he take one look at my new vents,

"Just had them done?" I nod "well they are going to rust like "f*uck"

At this point i dont know if i can be bothered to carry on, but i have to so i tell him that its ally hence it wont rust.

Running out of putdowns. He then sees my new brake decs.

"They cant be new did you do them?"

When i tell him i did i get this.

"They will fall off"

So now im more than a bit annoyed so i asked him what he drove.........................

A saxo. By this time the old boy is back i ask for a price on some rears, tell him i will be back in a few months to get some and say see you later.

Up pips said monkey

"hopefully with a better gearbox" as his parting gift.

I cant wait for round two when i shall engage the monkey with talk of a single turbos.

Sorry to rain on your parade but this is the kind of mentality that is displayed by the majority of the British people of all intellectual abilities. Its not 1993 anymore and to most people a Supra is a big ancient 'retro' looking jap tank. It doesnt impress casuals and its just like a Hyundai Coupe to most folk :)

Just food for thought. But we all bought the cars for they way they perform didnt we?? :)

But we all bought the cars for they way they perform didnt we?? :)

No: he's got an NA! :D as have I

It sounds like he wanted to bait you, and succeeded. I would just show him apathy: even the master baitors have nothing in their arsenal for apathy.

Saxo Boy was a real idiot for behaving like that though. He won't go far unless he changes his attitude. Rule 1 of business: don't rip into your customers.

Guest MoeBlunt

What the hell was that about?! who is he to comment on your car?

I'd expect the guy to be driving a ferrari the way he was talking!! lol

He doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the supra auto box one of the best auto's ever made?

Sorry to rain on your parade but this is the kind of mentality that is displayed by the majority of the British people of all intellectual abilities. Its not 1993 anymore and to most people a Supra is a big ancient 'retro' looking jap tank. It doesnt impress casuals and its just like a Hyundai Coupe to most folk :)

Just food for thought. But we all bought the cars for they way they perform didnt we?? :)

His sheer lack of knowage about anything he was saying was what bugged me more than anything.

That said ive never run into a " big ancient 'retro' looking jap tank" bod yet. Maybe he was the first one.

You should've refused his work and complained to the owner. Don't let the little chavs get away with anything.

:yeahthat:

I wouldn't put up with that kind of customer service or lack of it. You're there to part with your hard earned which in turn pays his wages...not to get the piss taken.

He doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the supra auto box one of the best auto's ever made?

If you're a Supra driver, yeah :D

I would have told him, "you drive a Saxo? Not set on fire yet?... Yeah seen quite a few of them do that. Normally modifed ones, I blame the amps personally. Some of them seem to have live connections running even with the keys out... overnight they overheat & burst into flames. Oh talking about flames, once saw a wheel fall off a saxo and it burst into flames while rolling into a bush" :D

being in the trade that is totally unacceptable, i would ring and make the the garage aware that the little immature boy is turning good custom away. pm me if they priced you for the tyres we deal wit a few good tyre places plus i know your local to me. heads up anyway mate its just jealousy, your car looks lovely.

i get the above comments from my mrs on a daily basis...all i do is take her out in my car just once a week and she soon has egg on her face when people walking past look and young kids shout yeah look at that.....i just grin and she tells me to fook off

Phone them up to book in for the rears but say to the owner that you don't want the same kid doing it because he did nothing but insult you and say rude things about your car. See if he's still got a job when you go in.

:yeahthat:

Or get it done somewhere else and phone up and explain why you did so.

On the other hand...

Having a "slow puncture" on the Aristo sorted on Saturday...

Him: "Always liked those Lexuses."

Me: "Well, officially it's a Toyota. That one has the same twin-turbo engine as the Supra."

Him: "Is that the two and a half litre?"

Me: "3 litre, but I've got a 2.5 as well, in a Soarer."

Him: "Nearly bought one of them just before Christmas after I sold the Camaro. Had a Mk3 Supra turbo before that. Might be looking at a V8 Soarer next week."

Obviously a better class of tyre supplier. :) Cheap too.

What is it with people in Saxos. I nearly got ran off the road about a month ago by someone in a Saxo cos he couldn't get the speed up to undertake me. Then a few weeks ago, another arsehole in a saxo tried to race me?? Is there some kind of "SAXO" official that says "you buy car, you must act like dick head"

Peter